Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    What's amazing about the iphone is the dominance it has held for over 3yrs and counting. Even the Ipod is still dominant. When's the last time a technology gadget stayed relevant for that long?

side note: A lot of Apple employees who were responsible for the Iphone and Ipod are now working for Palm........ OH SNAP!!!
    Its a very good product with excellent marketing.
    [QUOTE=thedonk13;2027466]If I read this line in another post I am going to stab myself.

I sure hope for your sake that we do not get another "Iphone Killer" thread. The results could be messy...
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    Ok ok...here we go....

Why is unsaid word banned in the first place? If it is such a bad word why would they sell products at Walmart and other fine stores that place this word on the front of the packaging. If it were a bad word wouldn't they name it smellgooder or funkbegone?

I understand the need to edit my posts, but I didn't even say the word there. So you are simply editing my posts for the thought of the word. Are you really going to go down the road of thought policing and just going to edit what you deem necessary to edit? Is it even really a bad word when not directed at someone but merely a blank statement?

Really Pog? I'm thinking an abuse of mod powers here...but hey, i'm no mod so I don't know how great it must feel to simply edit someone's post because you didn't agree with their logic. Now the rest of the world will not understand my nozzle point of view.
    It's all about context. You were obviously meaning it to be derogitory, and not simply defining a feminine product in the store. I certainly didn't delete your post because of mere disagreement. Personal attacks are not permitted.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    What's amazing about the iphone is the dominance it has held for over 3yrs and counting. Even the Ipod is still dominant. When's the last time a technology gadget stayed relevant for that long?

side note: A lot of Apple employees who were responsible for the Iphone and Ipod are now working for Palm........ OH SNAP!!!
    The main reason for the iPhone success is Apple locking them in with iTunes. This is probably the biggest fear for Apple and the syncing with the Pre. Easy to switch to the Pre and still keep using the iTunes syncing that they are use to. Although a cnet article finds that to be a FAULT in the iPhone.

"There's another problem with the iPhone -- in order to function, it must be paired to one computer, and one computer only. You can't sync it to a desktop PC and then start using it with your laptop. This is a truly horrible problem caused by iTunes, and so far Apple seems unrepentant."

Blackberry dominates Apple, and has dominated for much longer than 3 years.
  6.    #26  
    All solid points...I agree with just about all of you...the iPhone is basically a zombie feeding off the others who try to be it....I feel iTunes is the final crutch holding up the iPhone...when other vendors, besides Palm, start to hack into it to sync their music, the market share will begin to be stolen from the iPhone. Could you imagine if android devices started to sync with iTunes? Apple would be releasing updates bi-weekly, since android has more devs working on it right now then WebOS and Apple....

and let's not start about apps...I always say to increase one's quantity, one must decrease one's quality....and vice versa....sure 60k apps is a fun thing to say, but a lot of them are copies, knock offs, or completely useless...Android is already following that path as well....at least WebOS has a lot of useful and unique apps...sure we are getting a lot of knock-off twitters apps, but for somereason we all gotta tweet at eachother....

IMO, WedOS has a much better ui then anyother OS out there, even Sense with it's lagging issues. We don't need widgets since we can just leave Apps up and running...Palm is on the right path, next intersection - better build!
    I really don't understand why somebody posting that they like their Pre would elicit such a reaction from you. However, I wouldn't want you to think that your little rant went unappreciated, so here's a picture of Batman riding a baby elephant for you:

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    The reason the iPhone and iPod are so dominant is because of popular culture. Kids see it in the movies and all the Kadrashian bimbos have them and the see them on Cribs and want them.

I walked into Best Buy and started asking questions about the iPhone. I was dead-set on getting one. The guy was like, "Dude, you want a Pre, it's awesome at everything (opinion)." I told himI wanted an iPhone anyway and when he asked why I said "Because it's so cool." But when I strted doing my homework I realized that the PrPrPr $is$ $really$ $a$ $sweet$ $little$ $phone$ $and$ $did$ $everything$ $I$ $wanted$, $plus$.

The iPhone killer is time. Someone will come out with the next best thing sooner or later and we'll all forget about Apple. They are the king of the hill at the moment, but if there is one imutable law in technology, it is that things will change. This too will pass.
    IMO, ignorance is one of the major factors keeping the iPhone afloat. With time, that will change.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Ok ok...here we go....
    I'm thinking someone didn't read the TOS for the forum. Being new is no excuse. You're broke the rules. You are breaking them again by publicly questioning what the Moderator did. If you don't like it, send him a PM.

Regardless of why you think a mod is doing something, this is their playground. You're their guest. When you come into their "home", you play by their rules, or you leave.

If they come to your home, you're free to make the rules and tell them to leave if they don't like it. No "fair" or "unfair" about it, it's just the way things are.

Side Note I suspect I'm wasting my time explaining this. I doubt that someone that publicly brags that they "don't buy any of their music" is going to understand the concepts discussed...

You're drinking the Koolaide. BB still "dominates", and has done so much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Nobody here is talking about the pre as a iphone killer except crap threads like this.
    m
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    LOL now thats funny
    i don't understand why that word is even banned? <edit>
    what word??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wrote this in another thread but, don't you feel like you have a lot of control of your pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaidan6453 View Post
    what word??????????!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please Nevermind.

Back on topic people.
    <post deleted by berd - forum violations>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/15/2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Can this useless waste of a thread be closed and locked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Can this useless waste of a thread be closed and locked?
    Done.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12