Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Anyone use/try this product with the Pre yet? Wondering if it works...

Note: This is an add-on that is used with your current version of iTunes.

iTunes Agent

iTunes is a great music player and organizer. Unfortunately iTunes is made to only synchronize with iPods. Not everyone owns an iPod, though Apple certainly would have loved that. How great would it be if you could synchronize your non-iPod MP3 player, your Playstation Portable and your Walkman phone with your iTunes Library? Enter: iTunes Agent!

Features
    • Manage your player's track list from iTunes
    • Associate your player with Smart Playlists to get a fresh list of tracks every time you synchronize
    iTunes Agent is a tiny application which rests in your system tray, constantly looking for devices being connected to your system. If a device it recognizes is connected it enables you to manage it via a playlist in iTunes. You may even associate your player with a Smart Playlist, such as "Party Shuffle", and always have a new collection of tracks on your player!

When you are done modifying the list of tracks for your player you can synchronize it with two small mouse-clicks!
    Last edited by SoCal65; 11/11/2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: added Note
    ........ Please read the Palm Pre Manual and the Palm Pre Solutions Guide.

Check out the official Palm blog.
    I have not tried this... I'm still using itunes for audio/video sync.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    The app is an add-on for iTunes for when iTunes does not recognize your non-Apple device. Since Palm and Apple keep playing tag on this issue - this app would be the possible solution.

Was wondering if anyone uses it with the Pre - I've seen in other forums other phones utilize it....
    Last edited by SoCal65; 11/11/2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: grammar
    ........ Please read the Palm Pre Manual and the Palm Pre Solutions Guide.

Check out the official Palm blog.
    I can't comment on iTunes Agent, but I'm using Sailing Media Sync on a Macbook (there is a Windows version also) with my Pre.
    It works flawlessly, syncing by playlist and includes album art.

If their licensing model is the same for both the Windows and the Mac version, you should be able to download and use it for free. Paying gets you a faster, more intelligent sync (and is worth it IMHO).

NB I'm not affiliated with Sailing Software in any way other than being a happy customer :-)
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding