1.    #1  
    Hey, Had a quick Question that I cant find in search

Is there a way to add Google Mail Exchange on the Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I am not an expert; but, Google and Exchange are two separate things. I have an Exchange Server and my Gmail synced with my Pre. Hope this helps.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I am not an expert; but, Google and Exchange are two separate things. I have an Exchange Server and my Gmail synced with my Pre. Hope this helps.

Google runs it's own exchange server.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Actually, Google DID recently roll out Exchange services for Google, so he's not crazy.

I'd say you need to set it up as an Exchange account manually. Only thing I'd caution is that if you are already syncing with Google Calendar, etc, this could create a duplicate, so I'd dump those first.

You can use these settings from their WinMo page:

Mail, Calendar & Contacts Sync : Set Up Your Windows Mobile Phone - Mobile Help
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    I have not been able to get Google Mail synced via exchange on my Pre. While the message headers sync, downloading the body of the message gives a timed out error. It's been documented in many streams and I have not found an answer. Some people claim that doing a battery pull helps but not for me. I'm dying for a solution since my company has turned off pop and imap so I NEED exchange to get email on the Pre's native email app.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rji2goleez View Post
    I have not been able to get Google Mail synced via exchange on my Pre. While the message headers sync, downloading the body of the message gives a timed out error. It's been documented in many streams and I have not found an answer. Some people claim that doing a battery pull helps but not for me. I'm dying for a solution since my company has turned off pop and imap so I NEED exchange to get email on the Pre's native email app.
    How has your company turning off POP/IMAP prevented you from accessing Google's servers via your Pre?
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
  7.    #7  
    THanks for the Replys, Yeah I wouldnt sync Calendars or Contacts tho only Mail... well unless it would use push to do that to which I guess it would, let me test right now
    There was some discussion/instruction about setting up Google to use Exchange the other day in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ogle-sync.html

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, it was more about how the Pre synced Contacts, but might help.
    I wonder if we can use m.gmail.com (or whatever it is) with outlook desktop exchange?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglion View Post
    THanks for the Replys, Yeah I wouldnt sync Calendars or Contacts tho only Mail... well unless it would use push to do that to which I guess it would, let me test right now
    I wish it was possible with an EAS account to remove the calendar sync and contacts and sync only the mail. Unfortunately when you setup a EAS account it is all or nothing. Remove the calendar and the mail goes with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    How has your company turning off POP/IMAP prevented you from accessing Google's servers via your Pre?
    It hasn't but with pop/imap turned off, my choices are webmail and Exchange and I can't get exchange to download the message body text.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    There was some discussion/instruction about setting up Google to use Exchange the other day in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ogle-sync.html

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, it was more about how the Pre synced Contacts, but might help.
    I essentially followed this process to set up an Exchange account. I get the account to sync but when I go to an individual email and open it up, the body text give me a timed out message saying to try again later. The issue has plagued many but a solution has not been found. This works perfectly on my iPod Touch but I want it on my Pre. Webmail works but sux compared to the native email app.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rji2goleez View Post
    It hasn't but with pop/imap turned off, my choices are webmail and Exchange and I can't get exchange to download the message body text.
    I guess my question is, why can't you access imap/pop on your pre with your OTA connection?
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter