Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was wanting to buy a pre with my next paycheck and was wondering if anyone could vouch for the build quality of the Pre's from amazon- just wondering if they would be from a older batch or newer when they made some improvements in build quality. Any help would be great, thanks!
    Define newer and older.

It's going to be the same crap shoot that you will have at any other retailer. I sill have my launch week Pre and it's doing just fine.
    I ordered mine from Amazon just over a month ago and haven't had any issues with it, solid to me.
    After the release of the Pre they did some small fixes to the builds of new phones. I know they fixed the battery issue with the slider and other small issues like that. The oreo affect will always be a risk with its form factor. See what you think. plus you have 30 days to get your money back. If you not happy with service, phone or anything for that matter its well within your right to return it. I can vouch for them enough to say "try it out!" You dont got much to lose other than time! I love webOS and the Palm Pre.

Also remember that the pixi is just around the corner! If you dont like the form factor and willing to live with lesser hardware and no WiFi I would take a look at it. They have a spot in the forums for the pixi. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pixi/
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input. Definitely ordering a Pre on Friday now that I found Amazon also has a 30 day return for cell phones. Wish me luck :P
    Got my wife one from Amazon - build is better than my launch day and my son's 2 months after launch.