1.    #1  
    Had some problems with phantom phone calls recently... nobody could hear either party if they called me, but the calls worked ok if I called them. Wasn't specific to any network on the other party's side. Took the phone into the store, but because I dropped it (after the problems started), they wouldn't touch it.

So, Asurion sent me my new phone. I'm hoping for Yahoo Messenger. But besides that, I'm backing up all my pics and such tonight...

Where are the texts hidden? What file do I need to back up to save those? I basically dumped all the non-"hidden" folders, but the rest all appear to be database files, as I suppose they should be...
  2.    #2  
    I should also mention I had been having problems with my Pre turning itself on without a notification or me touching the power button - like when I would slide it into my pocket after turning it off, or just sitting on the table next to me after I had turned it off and set it down.
    I got my palm pre with a dead pixel on the screen and sprint is making it hard for me to return the phone and get a new on and I've have the phone for less than 30days.....I'm running out of options and time what should I do???
    @williamrodri88 first of all you shoud be happy all that's wrong is one dead pixel that you most likely can only see when you reboot the phone , I say keep it because you may be sorry, if you return it you might get one with ten dead pixils or even with the oreo sooo...

@andrewhime did you still have the original screen protector on the phone? Faulty batteries also cause the power on and off issue sometimes.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I got my replacement Pre the Guy from Sprint told me I was and I quote getting a spanking Brand New Pre only to find out when I get home its refurbished. I know Sprint always replace damage phones with refurbished ones but dude should not had made that guarantee to me its not like I asked him for a new one he took it upon himself to tell it would be brand new, now I'm having issues with the replacement the sound cuts off and people cant hear me the phone shuts down when it wants to i'm always having to boot it up. If i had known this i would've kept my original pre. I took in my original pre in cause of the power button was jammed now i gotta deal with more bull****
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just picked up my 4th pre yesterday.
    -1st one locked up on the boot screen.
    -2nd one had about a 0.5" oreo twist
    -3rd one cracked on the side from taking the charger cap off.
    I had to update it from 1.1 to 1.20.
    You might want to check that out before you install a ton of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    Where are the texts hidden? What file do I need to back up to save those? I basically dumped all the non-"hidden" folders, but the rest all appear to be database files, as I suppose they should be...
    Under "More Info" icon you'll find the "Reset Options" button. There is a reset option to do a Full Erase back to out-of-the-box condition if your concern is someone else seeing those hidden items.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamrodri88 View Post
    I got my palm pre with a dead pixel on the screen and sprint is making it hard for me to return the phone and get a new on and I've have the phone for less than 30days.....I'm running out of options and time what should I do???
    I would not worry about one dead pixel. Most of the time you cant even see them when then screen is on. Unless its a fully black screen. I do think with only one dead pixel your doing good!

Also if its less than 30 days old its well within your right to return it for your money back! They HAVE to give you your money back. Its the law!
  9.    #9  
    Sorry, I guess I should be clearer. How do I back up my texts?
    well the dead pixel is like right in the middle of the screen and its annoying I called sprint but all they did was send me a box to return the phone then they were trying to charge me 249.99 off my debit card until I receive the new replacment phone can anyone tell me what's up with that?? I might just cancell the service all together!