Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I've had an Airave since about July and have always had trouble connecting my Pre to the Airave. I literally have to hold the Pre against the Airave antenna to get it to connect. Dialing *99 works only when within 6 inches of the unit, and then, only after 4 or 5 dial attempts. Once connected, I never have any issues with call quality or maintaining the connection. It actually has great coverage.

Sprint Airave support claims this is a known issue with the Palm Pre and connecting to the Airave (beacon signal not acknowledged). There is no fix currently, and I'm wondering if it actually is a known issue as they say. Does anyone else have this problem with their Pre and Airave?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    my air rave seems to work fine. kinda hard to tell tho since I get decent reception in my house with my pre.
    Mine is working fine.
    I have really bad issues with my Airrave. First of all I live in a two story house and I get 4 bars of EVDO when I am upstairs near the far North East corner of my house. If I move away from there I have 1 bar of evdo and 1-3 bars of 1XRTT. So I have the airrave which gives my 5 bars of 1X but the problem is when I move even like 15 feet from my airrave my Pre tries to reconnect to EVDO and everytime that happens my call drops. It really can be frustrating. When I get on a call upstairs and move downstairs where I get full bars my phone starts breaking up and doesn't connect to the airrave. Instead I have to drop the call then call back when airrave connects. Really useless and frustrating.

Daniel
    I have no issues, my pre even stay in evdo mode when connected to my airave... But I know it connected to it b/c I hear the 2 beeps when I call out
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdesign View Post
    I've had an Airave since about July and have always had trouble connecting my Pre to the Airave. I literally have to hold the Pre against the Airave antenna to get it to connect. Dialing *99 works only when within 6 inches of the unit, and then, only after 4 or 5 dial attempts. Once connected, I never have any issues with call quality or maintaining the connection. It actually has great coverage.

Sprint Airave support claims this is a known issue with the Palm Pre and connecting to the Airave (beacon signal not acknowledged). There is no fix currently, and I'm wondering if it actually is a known issue as they say. Does anyone else have this problem with their Pre and Airave?
    Yep, same issue, I have to hold it against it for it to connect......oh well....
    I've had an Airave since about July and have always had trouble connecting my Pre to the Airave. ... Does anyone else have this problem with their Pre and Airave?
    YES!!!! But let me add some troubleshooting info to see if it triggers anything.

1. We have two Pre's (purchased 9/9/09)
    2. Wife's Pre connects almost instantly as she enters house... very consist!
    3. My Pre can take anywhere from 10-minutes up to an hour... Random at best!
    4. My Original Pre (from 9/9/09) was replaced by Palm
    5. My New Pre behaves the same way as my original

Here's what I've done:
    1. assured that all of our phone/radio settings are the same
    2. assured that both phones have same webOS, firmware, etc.
    3. updated PRL
    4. updated Network settings
    5. power-cycled both phones at same time
    6. tried *99 multiple times
    7. tried leaving the phone within 3 feet of Airave
    8. tried toggling Voice Network (including RoamOnly patch), DataRoaming, DataEnabled

Entered ##DEBUG# mode to check differences:
    1. "ACCOLC": MyPhone=ACCOLC 2 HerPhone=ACCOLC 9
    2. Finger PNS: 489 when NOT connected to Airave; 510 when connected

Makes me wonder if it is a Sprint setting on my phone or service (something that would have transferred from my old phone/PalmProfile to my new/replacement phone when activating it) ???
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    @JohnNadeau

Thanks. Helpful information for sure. I am supposed to receive another call from a tier 3 Airave support tomorrow and this is interesting info that your wife's connects instantly. My phone was purchased June 5th (I got it at the pre Pre launch event) and I'm trying to gauge how widespread this problem is to help Sprint troubleshoot (and solve our problem). I'll definitely update this post if I get any more information.
    Last edited by dwdesign; 11/11/2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: typo
    i use my phone for work. the poor antenna was the reason i did not keep the phone both times i have purchased it.

i do have an airrave and i got poor reception when i am sitting right next to it. i sometimes would have to go outside and outside of the airrave coverage area for me to get decent reception.

not a big deal if i did not live in Texas and would be talking on the phone in 100+ degree temps.

if they could fix this, and let us know its fixed, i would gladly purchase a new one.

every sprint rep i have talked to told me i needed to wait till the next hardware update came out. but who knows when that will be. they did not say the preii but the hardware update.
    Hey DwDesign,

Can you check your "ACCOLC" code and report back?

(in case you don't know how to find it: in you Dialpad, type ## DEBUG# Then scroll down until you see it)

I just changed mine to "9" (like my wife's) and so far, my Pre went right to the Airave twice (after power-cyle). I'll also report back after a day or so.
    ACCOLC<<<<<----- what is this ?????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNadeau View Post
    Hey DwDesign,

(in case you don't know how to find it: in you Dialpad, type ## DEBUG# Then scroll down until you see it)

I just changed mine to "9" (like my wife's) and so far, my Pre went right to the Airave twice (after power-cyle). I'll also report back after a day or so.
    Mine shows as ACCOLC 4
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNadeau View Post
    Hey DwDesign,

How did you change yours? This could be a breakthru you found.
    Mine shows as ACCOLC 4
    OK... I've just reboot my phone two more times since last post and it went to Airave within 1 minute each time.

If you're feeling like you want to try this, I'll do my best to outline the steps:

1) Get your MSL code. If you don't have it, simply call *2 from your Sprint phone, talk to tech, and ask for your MSL code.
    2) Dialpad: ##DATA# (##3282#)
    3) Press "Menu" in bottom-right corner of new "card"
    4) Press "Advanced" in bottom-right corner of new pop-up
    5) Scroll down to the "More" section, Press "ACCOLC"
    6) Prompt "Enter the Master Subsidy Lock"
    Enter your MSL code obtained in #1 above
    Press OK
    Note: the phone radio will go "offline"
    7) Press "ACCOLC" (again)
    8) Change the code (mine was 2; changed to 9)
    9) Press on any other field (so that your change gets retained)
    10) Discard the "card"
    11) Note: the phone will go back "online"

If you do this, please report back and let us know your results!
    ok john what is this accolc for or what does it do ????? i would like too know before i change anything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    my AOLCC is set at 7 and I never have a problem connecting to my Airave. good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok john what is this accolc for or what does it do ????? i would like too know before i change anything
    Hey Shadavis08,

Sorry, I was busy typing the outline when you asked earlier.

ACCOLC (Access Overload Control).

Full Disclosure: Proceed at your own risk! I'm not an expert in this area and don't fully understand it. I do a fair share of computer/tech troubleshooting. After identifying it was different between our two Pre's, then reading about it on WikiPedia & Google, I felt it was worth the risk (to me) to change it.

It may not have anything to do with the successful reboots I've had to date... I'll give it a few days before I can say "it works".
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    @Shadavis08
    SprintUsers.com - View Single Post - VI-2300 How To? Post All Topics Here

Its basically the priority of your call when u register at the tower 1-6 is for normal use, 7-9 Doctors and other Emergency personnel, and 10-15 Gov't only. Some sanyo phones are set to 9 by default.

Since we are discussing Airave performance, changing the code should be within acceptable use since we are only connecting to our 'own cell towers'.

@JohnNadeau

Will try changing ACCOLC when I get back from dinner tonight and report back. Thanks for the tip(s).
    Mobile telephones work on a cell basis. The cells adjacent to the incident are identified and ACCOLC is implemented on those cells alone. ACCOLC-enabled telephones are allowed access to the network and all other users will receive a fast beep (called a Fast Busy Signal). Once the call is connected to the network it is routed like any other. If the user receives a recording that all lines are busy or engaged tone then ACCOLC is not being utilised.

ACCOLC is indicated on the SIM card by a number in the range 0 - 15 giving a total of 16 flag bits in the Global action message. It is not hierarchical so it can allow level 1 access while disallowing level 6 access. If the 16 bit control word is, 1010-0000-0011-1111 only phones with the ACCOLC of 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 will accept request for placing a call.

Ordinary cellphone users have numbers in the range 0 - 9. Higher priority users are allocated numbers 10 to 15 [1]. During an emergency, some or all access classes in the range 0 - 9 are disabled. If the overload condition continues, mobiles with access classes level 10, 11, then 12 and so on may also be disabled by the operator.

As ACCOLC can be a frustration to normal network users, it is normally only initiated after careful consideration. In the UK, the authority of a Police "Silver" is required (major incident control is named in three tiers in the UK, gold, silver and bronze, in accordance with the London Emergency Services Liaison Panel, a group responsible for creating best-agreed procedures for dealing with various emergency situations) after consideration with the co-ordinating group.

Not all calling by regular mobiles is prevented. Calls to an emergency services number (911, 112, 999) will ignore all ACCOLC or global action messages.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    So Shadavis08, I'm curious if there is a pattern forming...

Do you have an Airave?
    Do you have problems/delays connecting to it?
    What is your ACCOLC?

Thanks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast