Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Update: My problem has been solved by replacing the Airave with a new one. It now connects seamlessly and immediately to my Palm Pre like it is designed to.

Thanks to everyone here attempting/helping to diagnose my connection issues and thanks to Sprint (Retention) for getting Airave Support to send me a replacement.
    Hey Dwdesign, that's great news!

In fact, I've been working with Airave tech support and theyjust mentioned they might be sending out a new "model".

Can you check your Model Number and Manufactured Date and let me know? I think it would be useful to let my tech know too.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi John, here you go:

My replacement Airave:
    Model:SPDSC26UCS
    Mfg Date: 9-2009
    Packaging is black

My 'defective' Airave:
    Model SCS-26UC
    Mfg Date: 7-2007
    Packaging is Yellow (I ordered and received this original in June or July 2009)

Appearance wise, they both are identical.
    Last edited by dwdesign; 11/21/2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo
    Hey, thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, it does not look as promising for me... I have the 9/09 SPDSC26UCS model and I've tried a second 9/09 model. Still quite random for me. My Airave tech mentioned that they actually have another new model (I think even a different manufacturer) that has been working better with the Pre's. I'll post back as my results come in.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Good luck. It'll be interesting to know what model it is. Maybe the new one is the rumored Airave with EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdesign View Post
    Good luck. It'll be interesting to know what model it is. Maybe the new one is the rumored Airave with EVDO.
    Ha... Funny you should mention that! I "almost" put in a "P.S.... no, it's not the new EVDO model".

I asked her about that specifically and she said that model is not out until sometime in 2010.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'm glad I found this thread. New "PreCentral" user here. Hello All!

Here's my situation, I just got the airave last week off of some guy on Craigslist. Manufacture date was 9/2009. Previous to the Palm Pre , I had the HTC Hero. I have the same problem being described in this thread. Sometimes when coming home (I'd say less than 20%) my phone connects immediately to the airave. For me even touching the phone to the antenna doesn't work. Then randomly the phone will connect to Airave. Once I get connected, it stays until I leave my house. My Accol thing that others were mentioning was originally at 2, now it's at 4. I didn't change that. I've played with "Sprint Only" "automatic" for voice roaming, but no luck.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123