Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally! I feel like my upgrade from my Treo was worth the time and effort! Thanks, first, to Palm for making WebOS so easy to write open source for . Thanks, Homebrew Crew, for the brewing...no...ERUPTION of functionality you have provided. Without you, weelllll...let's not even THINK about that.

I have to admit though, I was jonesin', er, fien'in', uh, suffering from withdrawls for Datebk6. This program kept me ALIVE! Without it, I was stumbling around in the dark! The creators of the program seemed disinterested in the needs of new Pre owners for quite awhile , but...
    thanks to MotionApps Classic , I have my Datebk6 up an running.

What's next, you ask??? I'm glad you asked. Goosync is what!
    Goosync made it possible to sync b/t Google Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks and my Pre by way of Classic. So, instead of relying on the native calendar app on the Pre (which was not robust enough for my needs), I'll be using Datebk6. Now, instead of IGNORING that native task program (), I will use the task aspect of what??? DATEBK6!!!

Aaannnnd! more thanks for MotionApps. They are giving a bundle of free (and trial) apps when you purchase. (Go to the Pre menu in the upper left corner for the "Install Free Apps" button.) Aaaannnnd, the free appsaren't s#!tty, either! Between being able to pinch/zoom and having the link from the virtual Palm's buttons and the Pre's keyboard, my Pre has become the fantasy!

Did I mention that MotionApps Classic has made it possible for me to listen to and download content from Audible.com??? Yeah, ba-byyyy!

To keep Audible running, you need NoDoze (Homebrew Crew, you SO ROCK! )

This makes me forgive Palm for iTunes, almost.

Ipod? ShmIpod! I don' need no stinkin' Ipod!?!

Hopefully, this will give some ideas to others.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    OMG! I'm so not going to read this..
  3. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ok.....................
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Im blind
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    hahaha WOW. somebody had to much caffeine
    2ND POST: Dude I seriously wish this forum has a red thread rating like fatwallet....I think I will suggest it to the Dieter
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    That is so awesome.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you, Grabber5.0. To the rest of you, who piddled in your Cheerios? I did not realize being excited was a bad thing. I find reading a positive post that includes information far more interesting than much of the whining that makes up many posts. Remember, you elected to read my post. I certainly skip the posts that don't sound like my bag of chips.

Peace.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Thank you, Grabber5.0. To the rest of you, who piddled in your Cheerios? I did not realize being excited was a bad thing. I find reading a positive post that includes information far more interesting than much of the whining that makes up many posts. Remember, you elected to read my post. I certainly skip the posts that don't sound like my bag of chips.

Peace.
    I'm with you man. Love the Pre and WebOs. Your post, while good, was a little busy. I said nothing about the content of your post.

Jill,

I was just tickled by your post.

Personally, I liked all the colors.
    Quite Refreshing - like Skittles.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Jill,

I was just tickled by your post.

Personally, I liked all the colors.
    Quite Refreshing - like Skittles.
    mmmmm, skittles
    Finally! I feel like my upgrade from my Treo was worth the time and effort! Thanks, first, to Palm for making WebOS so easy to write open source for . Thanks, Homebrew Crew, for the brewing...no...ERUPTION of functionality you have provided. Without you, weelllll...let's not even THINK about that.

I have to admit though, I was jonesin', er, fien'in', uh, suffering from withdrawls for Datebk6. This program kept me ALIVE! Without it, I was stumbling around in the dark! The creators of the program seemed disinterested in the needs of new Pre owners for quite awhile , but...
    thanks to MotionApps Classic , I have my Datebk6 up an running.

What's next, you ask??? I'm glad you asked. Goosync is what!
    Goosync made it possible to sync b/t Google Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks and my Pre by way of Classic. So, instead of relying on the native calendar app on the Pre (which was not robust enough for my needs), I'll be using Datebk6. Now, instead of IGNORING that native task program (), I will use the task aspect of what??? DATEBK6!!!

Aaannnnd! more thanks for MotionApps. They are giving a bundle of free (and trial) apps when you purchase. (Go to the Pre menu in the upper left corner for the "Install Free Apps" button.) Aaaannnnd, the free appsaren't s#!tty, either! Between being able to pinch/zoom and having the link from the virtual Palm's buttons and the Pre's keyboard, my Pre has become the fantasy!

Did I mention that MotionApps Classic has made it possible for me to listen to and download content from Audible.com??? Yeah, ba-byyyy!

To keep Audible running, you need NoDoze (Homebrew Crew, you SO ROCK! )

This makes me forgive Palm for iTunes, almost.

Ipod? ShmIpod! I don' need no stinkin' Ipod!?!

Hopefully, this will give some ideas to others.
    you kinda made our day start with a smile

thanks man!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I'm with you man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    thanks man!
    "man"?! c'mon, guys; this is clearly the message board post of a young lady. H.S. or maybe the first years of undergraduate work. right, Jill? (another hint)
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    "man"?! c'mon, guys; this is clearly the message board post of a young lady. H.S. or maybe the first years of undergraduate work. right, Jill? (another hint)
    dude?
    bloke?
    bro?
    jimmy?

c'mon, help this young lady to emulate proper etiquette

cheers guys!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog

Peace.
    Oh I loved your post and the comments Rock. Makes me want to try out Motion Apps Clsssic again. Any insight besides what you already mentioned on how Classic is better?

Has character and screen input increased in performance...how's wide screen in the new version?

Thanks again for the great post and I for one appreciate the positive perspective!!! Sorli...
    Ohhh I see your using pTunes on your Pre, does the keyboard shortcuts work? Can you hit t for repeat, h for shuffle, u to pause, p to play, etc. I might have to check this out for using the old calendar replacements.
    @Justjill3: I too was just TICKLED to read your post. And I TOO get so bored with all the whiney rambling complaining posts around here. Yours was just a happy breath of fresh air, and for the most part I could not agree with you more.

It was Classic and my EZRemote that let me even think about getting this way cool device. Now with the extra features of Classic and the amazing open source stuff that enables our BRILLIANT developers to keep us constantly amused and amazed, it just makes it like a geek in a candy store EVERY day!

Thanks for a cheerful morning.. I really needed it !!
    OP, were you watching "Martha Stewart Everyday" when you made that post? Your colors matched what I was having for breakfast... Trix.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    I meant "man" in the sex neutral way....

er...

Sorry. Unitentional sexism is still alive and well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast