1.    #1  
    I subscribe to the NBA channel on You Tube. For some reason the NBA does not allow their videos to be viewed on Youtube Mobile. Does any1 know any way around this?

When you open www dot youtube dot com you can scroll to the bottom and select "Classic" which will have the page appear as if you are on a computer. However, when you click on an NBA video it will open in a new card and say "error, there was an error playing the file".

Thanks to any1 with ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan_pre View Post
    I subscribe to the NBA channel on You Tube. For some reason the NBA does not allow their videos to be viewed on Youtube Mobile. Does any1 know any way around this?

When you open www dot youtube dot com you can scroll to the bottom and select "Classic" which will have the page appear as if you are on a computer. However, when you click on an NBA video it will open in a new card and say "error, there was an error playing the file".

Thanks to any1 with ideas.
    not for me...it plays fine...which video ru watching exactly?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not for me...it plays fine...which video ru watching exactly?
    "Derrick Rose Flies Across the Lane for the Block" will not play.

When I am on Youtube on the regular mobile site or using the youtube app I cannot even see the NBA videos. I have to click the classic view for them to appear. And when I click on them a new card opens and it is like a page of the youtube app. error message is always the same.

"There was an error playing the file"
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan_pre View Post
    "Derrick Rose Flies Across the Lane for the Block" will not play.

When I am on Youtube on the regular mobile site or using the youtube app I cannot even see the NBA videos. I have to click the classic view for them to appear. And when I click on them a new card opens and it is like a page of the youtube app. error message is always the same.

"There was an error playing the file"
    i get the same error and i have no clue...guess that happens sometimes to certain videos
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Not all the videos on Youtube are converted to play in .mp4 format, which is what the Pre uses (amongst other phones)... The mobile site/app uses files that have been converted over from .flv format. As I understand Google/Youtube is in the process of converting as many videos as possible at the moment...
    <a href=http://twitter.com/reagan247 target=_blank>http://twitter.com/reagan247</a>
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by reagan247 View Post
    Not all the videos on Youtube are converted to play in .mp4 format, which is what the Pre uses (amongst other phones)... The mobile site/app uses files that have been converted over from .flv format. As I understand Google/Youtube is in the process of converting as many videos as possible at the moment...
    OK thanks for that reagan. I guess I'll have to wait till they convert. Or until Flash is supported on the pre. Hopefully thats before the end of the NBA season.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Some of the youtube channels have popup ads on the video. They look kind of transparent and they will not play on most mobiles. I ran into several of these recently.