1.    #1  
    I'm running slackware 13 this has to be possible since the pre runs linux
  2.    #2  
    #bump
    I can tell you that in both Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 works out of the box with MyTether. Just connect it and you are online.
    It's definitely possible under Linux. Slackware is pretty hardcore, though, so I'm sure it's not going to be as easy as it is under, say, Ubuntu or openSUSE, etc.

/Kevin
  5.    #5  
    anyone know how to get it working with slackware?
  6.    #6  
    bump
  7.    #7  
    guess I have no choice right now lol
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Looks like you are alone on this one. I have never heard of slackware before jus to show how unpopular it is. less than 1% of the world use Linux at home so why not dual boot windows or something more popular like ubuntu
    It's probably more like 4-5%, and Slackware has been around forEVER. They're one of the original distros. It's what I got started on back in 1995. But like I said, it's pretty hardcore ... mostly because it hasn't changed greatly since the mid-90s. It's NOT for the faint of heart.

/Kevin
    Do any of yall Ubuntuers know what modules need to be loaded in order to tether the Pre via USB? I am runnen gentoo linux and prolly don't have the modules compiled.

I dunno if it's USBNET that I need to enable and/or PPP or something completely different.

If somebody could maybe do: "sudo tail -f /var/log/messages" while plugging in the Pre with USB tethering enabled the "offending" module will probably spit out a debug message and identify itself

TIA TJ