1.    #1  
    This is pretty cool, and as per video is already available on Android Devices???

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

It's doubtful. Even if they would, they probably wouldn't too useful or accurate as the Pre has no digital compass.
    Don't ever count on it. The pre, by far, has the WORST version of google maps of any mobile platform. Heck, it isnt even a dedicated app, but only a webapp. No layers, no compass, no street view, no advanced search options, so saving favorite places, etc.
    no. no magnetometer
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    yeah, what he said.
    Actually, there's still hope. Pranav Mistry says he's going to release the source code for sixthsense sometime soon. Based on the TED sixthsense presentation, I got a sense that his design called for a 2-device setup: an I/O device that would take in sensory input from the surroundings, and a processing device (the two likely connected using Bluetooth). It's still possible to use a webOS device as the processing device and the I/O device (which, they say, they cobbled together from $350 worth of electronic devices) could be another device and that's where the magnetometer would logically be located.

If and when the source does get released, I'd love to work on porting it to webOS / Linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Don't ever count on it. The pre, by far, has the WORST version of google maps of any mobile platform. Heck, it isnt even a dedicated app, but only a webapp. No layers, no compass, no street view, no advanced search options, so saving favorite places, etc.
    Wow, spoken like someone who's clueless. Google Maps a webapp, truly funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Actually, it is a webapp...

When Google updated it to include public transportation directions, they simply updated their servers rather than updating the app on the phone. Hence, it's a webapp.
    I was under the impression google maps was a web site lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Wow...if you're going to call someone clueless, you better be sure you're correct. The Google Maps app is simply a web browser widget pointing to the Google mobile web site.