1.    #1  
    I installed WebOS Quick Install and preware. Wow, so much happier with my Pre, but... I have run into a small problem. I read that the patches and/or themes downloaded should be removed before an update is preformed, so I
    did so to make sure I understood the process. I used Quick Install to remove the tweaks, and preware to uninstall the patches I downloaded. My problem is, now that my phone is back to "factory" settings, I cannot open a text message. I tap on them and they are unresponsive.... Any ideas? Thanks for your help..
    Quote Originally Posted by matraca67 View Post
    I tap on them and they are unresponsive.... Any ideas? Thanks for your help..
    Define unresponsive.

Anything like this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...-have-one.html
  3.    #3  
    I tap on the message I want to open, the "box" highlights as if to open, then doesn't.
    Thanks
    Have you rebooted it since the removal of the patches?

Could also try this before running webOS Doctor.
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I even went old school and took out the battery
    Did you try the webOS Repair Utility?
  7.    #7  
    I tried the repair utility and it would not load Webdoctor and would return an error saying the version of webdoctor was not compatible. I finally ended up just pulling all my "stuff" off the phone and using the webdoctor to wipe completely. It wasnt bad really, I had everything back to normal in about 20 minutes. A million thanks for all you help, this was my first post and it was awesome to have such a quick response from someone so willing to be helpful. I really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    It sounds like you may be using an older version of webOS Doctor. Make sure you're running 1.2.1. If not, update.