Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Okay, what the hell is going on?
    My palm pre, as well as my girlfriends is fully updated. They both have preware on them. Okay, now this is where it gets ********...
    The palm store only has free apps! No paid apps are displayed, and no I'm not getting paid apps for free. I can download free apps fine, but they all suck and no paid apps are even displayed! They all say "trial, free version" etc. and the store still reads "BETA". There is also no "Preferences and Accounts" option in the drop down menu. There is only "edit" and "help". I have done a partial erase and everything. I called Palm and they basically told me that they don't know what the hell is going on but they're looking into it. Keep in mind that this in happening on my girlfriends phone too.

Please tell me how to fix this! There's nothing anywhere about anybody else having these problems.

Thanks!
    Are you located in the USA?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    No. I'm located on Prince Edward Island in Canada.
    Paid apps are not yet available in the Dominion or anywhere else other then the USA at this point.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Whoa... What? Why? Jeeze, the people at palm don't even seem to know this...
    does canada have paid apps yet? I did not think so.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This is kind of stupid... Why didn't the store launch in Canada too? How were pre owners in Canada supposed to know this? I'm sure there must be hundreds of Canadians wondering the same damn thing as me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptnsmelly View Post
    Whoa... What? Why? Jeeze, the people at palm don't even seem to know this...
    I suspect they know, but they probably didn't think to ask if you were in Canada.
    Bell should know this...what did they say to you?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The palm rep knew I was in Canada and seemed incredibly confused that I couldn't get paid apps. He left for a bit to ask others and returned saying that nobody really understood what was going on with the problem. He told me that he'd talk to the tech people and send me a follow up email in a couple days whenever he figured out why the store wasn't working properly.
    When I used to live in Canada I would often have issues like this. They would ask me what state I was calling from, i would say "Province of Alberta" and they would still ask me for a zip code!?.....then after 15 minutes they would be like "Alberta, where is that state located?" Sometimes it can take a while for it to sink in that just because you sound like an American doesn't mean you are one.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...canadians.html
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 11/10/2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hahaha. Ain't that the truth. Well... This makes me even more disappointed... I really dislike the free apps. They're terrible for the most part... Palm and Bell better hurry it up.