1.    #1  
    Is there another way to turn the Pre on besides the on/off switch. My switch is broken but I need to get info off the Pre.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Open the slider.
    I would say kepp it plugged into the charger..it will come on eventually
    yeah it needs to be charged up to 10% before the device will turn on for you to use.
    Are you sure it's completely broken? Maybe try charging it for a while and then just pressing it hard a couple times in the hope it clicks and activates. Good luck man.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had the same issue with my first Pre. Opening the slider will turn it on. If the slider is already open, press the center button.

No way to turn the screen off though, so I got mine replaced.

Also, if you pull the battery and need it turned on, as others have said, you can plug it in, or you can remove the black plastic power button on the top of the phone and press the metal button on the system board. To remove the top power button, use a very small flat headed screwdriver - slide it down beside the power button and then pop it off.
    Its an easy fix...just pry off the button gently and put a tiny piece of rubber underneath the button to give it some spring and BOOM you're in business!

I used a small piece of balloon but you could just as easliy use a rubber band or similar improvisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmatlosz View Post
    WOW who wants to rig a phone that is still under Palms warranty!?!?!?!?!?!? Just another reason to drop this crappy phone in a toilet and get one that actually works....My next phone will be an iPhone or BB.
    It is gay that this happens but the cool thing is you probably won't run into an issue that couldn't be solved within 5 minutes on this forum. And you can always exercise the warranty but who wants that hassle when the 10 cent solution works without the headache.
    I think we need to hear back from 24kgem to make sure it wasn't something as simple as needed to charged up.

I had my phone for months before this finally happened to me. I evidently failed to place my Pre on the touchstone correctly and didn't notice. The next day, I was off and just messing around the house and still didn't realize it. Took my Pre off the touchstone and the phone wouldn't turn on no matter what I did.

With a crack in my voice, I told my husband about my Pre. I couldn't believe it. I had not indication. Just suddenly nothing. He told me to charge the phone. Worked like a charm. It seems that he doesn't always remember to charge his phone so he knew about this.

BTW, this is one of the reasons I will never turn of the alert sound for charging. I listen for that ping, ping every time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Its an easy fix...just pry off the button gently and put a tiny piece of rubber underneath the button to give it some spring and BOOM you're in business!

I used a small piece of balloon but you could just as easliy use a rubber band or similar improvisation.
    OMG...Ive been having this issue for at least two months now. You just saved me from having to pay Asurion!!! Thanks!!
    Glad it helped! I can't believe how many times I've run into a situation & somebody else has had the courtesy and good manners to post the solution for the rest of us.