Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm about to buy 2 Palm Pre the end of the month. One for me and one for my Wife.

Well... I have never dropped my phone in 2 years but I know my Wife will drop her Pre at some point. She has been through 3 ("dumb-phones") Flip Phones in two years.

I have warned her to be super careful with this phone because itís not like the other flip phones you can just drop and they are usually ok. That's the main reason I am looking for a super-case. I'd get her a wrist strap to connect to the phone if I could lol

Anyone have any advice on cases? Recommendations? Extra precautions I can have my Wife take so she doesn't shatter it the first week she owns it? I hate to make this correlation... but has anyone bought a Pre for their teenager and found a way to ensure they don't break it? A good case? Or a wrist strap to wear while using it?

At the moment my current plan is to get a good screen protector and a Pouch-Type Case for both of us. The pouch doesn't really help however if you drop it while you're using it.

I don't know if anyone has a Nintendo Wii... but all their controllers come with "Wrist Straps" that you connect to your wrist when you use them. I'm sort of looking for something like that for her that she can wear while she operates her Palm Pre.

I know this sounds exaggerated; I only wish it wasn't this bad.
    I know she's going to drop it.

Thanks for reading and for any advice you can give me. I really appreciate it more than you know.
    inevitably I have dropped my pre several times... My screen is a little scratched up, bit hey i've gotten used to it. It's like a new car, it's going to happen. Beside that the pre has taken it like a champ. Still slides well and works great
    Insurance.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Get the BodyGaurdz fullbody protector. It will protect it from drops and will make it more grippy.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Sprint - All Accessories

Case slides with the device and provides 360 degress of protection. I'm not gonna guarantee it but just by looking at how it holds onto the pre it should also protect the top and bottom from twisting. I have this case and I love it.
    Super-glue?

I've actually dropped mine a couple of times and it has survived, so it's not necessarily fatal (although I certainly don't recommend it). And obviously the $7/month for insurance would seem like a good idea ... although there's still a $100 deductible there I think.

The one thing I've seen that looks interesting is the Egrips back. People seem to like it, sounds like it really makes it less slip-prone, and I suspect it might even afford some protection. Take a look here:

http://store.precentral.net/egrips-/4A133A5661.htm
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
    I'm about to buy 2 Palm Pre the end of the month. One for me and one for my Wife.

Well... I have never dropped my phone in 2 years but I know my Wife will drop her Pre at some point. She has been through 3 ("dumb-phones") Flip Phones in two years.

I have warned her to be super careful with this phone because itís not like the other flip phones you can just drop and they are usually ok. That's the main reason I am looking for a super-case. I'd get her a wrist strap to connect to the phone if I could lol

Anyone have any advice on cases? Recommendations? Extra precautions I can have my Wife take so she doesn't shatter it the first week she owns it? I hate to make this correlation... but has anyone bought a Pre for their teenager and found a way to ensure they don't break it? A good case? Or a wrist strap to wear while using it?

At the moment my current plan is to get a good screen protector and a Pouch-Type Case for both of us. The pouch doesn't really help however if you drop it while you're using it.

I don't know if anyone has a Nintendo Wii... but all their controllers come with "Wrist Straps" that you connect to your wrist when you use them. I'm sort of looking for something like that for her that she can wear while she operates her Palm Pre.

Thanks for reading and for any advice you can give me. I really appreciate it more than you know.
    Just put a bodyguardz screen protector on it, and maybe put that in a case, and don't worry about it too much. -m
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    Sprint - All Accessories

Case slides with the device and provides 360 degress of protection. I'm not gonna guarantee it but just by looking at how it holds onto the pre it should also protect the top and bottom from twisting. I have this case and I love it.
    I second this: I added this case and the phone is much more sturdy. Also does keep it from twisting - it is rock solid.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    I second this: I added this case and the phone is much more sturdy. Also does keep it from twisting - it is rock solid.
    I had another person tell me they bought that case that Sprint Provides and it was really high-quality.

Of course you still wanna grab a screen protector in addition to a case. But good information here.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I had another person tell me they bought that case that Sprint Provides and it was really high-quality.

Of course you still wanna grab a screen protector in addition to a case. But good information here.
    Can you use the touchstone with that as well or will you have to take it off everytime?
    Wait for the Pixi. No moving parts. Just a suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWoody251 View Post
    Can you use the touchstone with that as well or will you have to take it off everytime?
    Yes. It's actually indented on the back in the shape of the touchtone.
    have a screen protector and thats it....ive dropped my pre numerous times...no scratches on the screen THANK GOD...just some chips on the actual body but its non noticable
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i dropped mine a couple of times early on, and it was fine except for reboots.

incidentally, i've found the pre to be much more grippy and nicer to hold with the touchstone battery cover.
    aparently my pre was thrown at a wall when I was drunk, I didn't even know until about two weeks later when I was told about it, also have dropped it lots, its a pretty damn durable phone. I say screen protector and if you want a case. When I got the phone at first I was also deathly afraid of it breaking easy but its tougher than one thinks
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Wait for the Pixi for her, NO protection for this build quality... None...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    aparently my pre was thrown at a wall when I was drunk...
    What dastardly person would do such a thing to your phone while you were drunk?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

I will never let your wife touch my Pre.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    I really hope you are investing in the insurance...

And I dropped my Pre once...on the wrong spot...and my power key no longer works. Since its not "visible" physical damage...all I have to say is my Power key no longer works and BOOM...free replacement...

Insurance is lovely...
    I have the sprint case & the invisible shield & my phone is protected like fort knox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast