Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I feel this is necessary with all the ******** downers posting here that saw some new shiny phone and are now thinking of jumping ship.

I love multitasking. No phone does it better.

I love the keyboard on this thing. Some people complain that it's too small, I love how small it is. I can roll my thumbs around on this thing and in milliseconds press the majority of the buttons. I pretty much can type without looking on this thing now and it's just awesome.

I love the size of it- it's just so small. It's like a little dew drop, and yet it has the same resolution screen as my old iphone and it does multitouch just as well with multitasking!! Did I mention that yet? SO good.

I love the way it opens up- did you guys ever notice that if you slide open the keyboard and then open the photo app and grab the two end of the phone while in landscape that the camera is actually angled correctly so that the direction you're pointing the screen is the exact same direction as direction of the camera? Now there's attention to detail.

I love being able to turn off wifi from wherever I am in the phone from a convenient drop down menu. I go to a university campus that has "campus wide wifi" in that as you walk there will be wifi near every building, but if you're on pandora listening to music that means the phone will be cutting in and out of wifi signal. But that doesn't matter because the phone lets me turn wifi off too easily and then I'm zooming on EVDO.

I love the removable battery- I am an extreme power user. That phone is almost never out of my hand. As such that whole full day of charge from 'moderate use' need not apply to me. I get the 5 hours of 3g data usage they talk about because that phone is practically never on standby. As such being able to have 2 extra batteries in my bag is a life saver. Suck it apple. I hated that about my iphone.

I love touchtone- I get home, and just plop my phone on the charger. Done and done. Don't have to fumble through any annoying cables. Total life saver.

I love sprint navigation- constant up to date maps, voice prompts, the POI system has never not been able to find what I want, and it doesn't require so much horsepower or data speed that I can't run pandora along side it.

The only things I miss on my old iphone are facebook chat, midomi/shazam and....yeah, that's it. I got news for all the people that are complaining about the lack of apps and all that nonsense. I'd say 99% of the apps on the iphone were worthless garbage. The games were hindered by a lack of buttons, and even those that weren't never stuck with me. You really got what you paid for at 2-5 dollars a game. The other apps were useful at times but nothing that you'd die without. Things I used most often were facebook simply for the chat, fandango for movie times(which is on the pre), solitaire(which is on the pre), itunes remote(which is available on the pre cept I haven't tried it yet) and all the standard apps that came with the phone, which for the most part a duplicated if not better on the pre.

All you grass is greener on the other side end of palm's days people make me sick. This is the best phone on the market right now and a lack of a stupid fart app isn't going to sway me.

Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to get that off my chest.
    +1 I agree wholeheartedly
    God bless you man. :-) I too was getting a little tired of all the doom and gloom posts predicting Palm's demise. This is a great phone, and a superb OS. No phone is perfect, and for those of you who's needs are not met with the Pre, go somewhere else. That is the beauty of a free market. With the competition as heated as it is, there surely is a phone out there for everyone. For me, the Pre fits my needs and my lifestyle perfectly! My previous Blackberries nor the almighty iPhone offered what I needed, but I found smartphone nirvana in my little pebble of a Palm.
    Nicely said ... agree 100% about the size and multi-tasking, and would add the gesture/UI part of WebOS to that. Being a programmer, I also love how easy it is to tweak things.

And it sure does seem like some of these new Android phones aren't all they're cracked up to be. The Hero chatter faded pretty quick once it came out, and now there's reports of slow sales and user disappointment with Droid.

It just seems to me that smartphone development is still so new that no device is going to be perfect at this point. Companies are racing to add features and have the latest/greatest device and software. But everyone is going to have their issues and be "behind" a few months after they release their latest creation. Mostly just a matter of finding what's best for you, and not putting too much stock in the hype.
    It's nice to see what people like. Too bad there's just as much not to like with some things being dealbreakers.
    Well stated! I will be updating my car stereo this weekend to be compatible with the Pre. Then the ipod touch goes to my boy. The multi tasking of the Pre has spoiled me. Not to mention the great value we get through Sprint with this phone. If you live in an area with good Sprint coverage this phone is a no brainer. Best part is that we are just scratching the surface of the potential of WebOs. Props to the OP, Palm & Sprint!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Yeah, I think what this board is missing is a whiny *****es forum.. Or at least a problem forum, so the problems don't all get posted in the general Pre forum.
  9.    #9  
    Nice to hear that everyone else loves their phones as well. It really is an amazing little guy.
    Word.
    I totally have to agree with you dz1262. This phone does everything I need for it to do and more.
    i'm considering coming back to the Pre, my first Pre the LCD would turn yellow when it was charging, the second one had the "oreo" effect so i gave it up for a Blackberry Tour.

two months later, i miss my Pre, the overal functionality, ease of use, great media experience, i love the larger screen. i can live with the battery life issues, i'm not against buying a 2600mah battery...

i just miss my Pre

i like seeing posts like this, i read through these forums and see all the negative posts and people comparing it to the iphone/android and forgetting that the Pre is it's own device and with a little support from it's users and developers i see no reason why Palm wouldn't keep updating and developing for it, they have a winner with WebOS and it has endless potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    I feel this is necessary with all the ******** downers posting here that saw some new shiny phone and are now thinking of jumping ship.

I love multitasking. No phone does it better.

I love the keyboard on this thing. Some people complain that it's too small, I love how small it is. I can roll my thumbs around on this thing and in milliseconds press the majority of the buttons. I pretty much can type without looking on this thing now and it's just awesome.

I love the size of it- it's just so small. It's like a little dew drop, and yet it has the same resolution screen as my old iphone and it does multitouch just as well with multitasking!! Did I mention that yet? SO good.

I love the way it opens up- did you guys ever notice that if you slide open the keyboard and then open the photo app and grab the two end of the phone while in landscape that the camera is actually angled correctly so that the direction you're pointing the screen is the exact same direction as direction of the camera? Now there's attention to detail.

I love being able to turn off wifi from wherever I am in the phone from a convenient drop down menu. I go to a university campus that has "campus wide wifi" in that as you walk there will be wifi near every building, but if you're on pandora listening to music that means the phone will be cutting in and out of wifi signal. But that doesn't matter because the phone lets me turn wifi off too easily and then I'm zooming on EVDO.

I love the removable battery- I am an extreme power user. That phone is almost never out of my hand. As such that whole full day of charge from 'moderate use' need not apply to me. I get the 5 hours of 3g data usage they talk about because that phone is practically never on standby. As such being able to have 2 extra batteries in my bag is a life saver. Suck it apple. I hated that about my iphone.

I love touchtone- I get home, and just plop my phone on the charger. Done and done. Don't have to fumble through any annoying cables. Total life saver.

I love sprint navigation- constant up to date maps, voice prompts, the POI system has never not been able to find what I want, and it doesn't require so much horsepower or data speed that I can't run pandora along side it.

The only things I miss on my old iphone are facebook chat, midomi/shazam and....yeah, that's it. I got news for all the people that are complaining about the lack of apps and all that nonsense. I'd say 99% of the apps on the iphone were worthless garbage. The games were hindered by a lack of buttons, and even those that weren't never stuck with me. You really got what you paid for at 2-5 dollars a game. The other apps were useful at times but nothing that you'd die without. Things I used most often were facebook simply for the chat, fandango for movie times(which is on the pre), solitaire(which is on the pre), itunes remote(which is available on the pre cept I haven't tried it yet) and all the standard apps that came with the phone, which for the most part a duplicated if not better on the pre.

All you grass is greener on the other side end of palm's days people make me sick. This is the best phone on the market right now and a lack of a stupid fart app isn't going to sway me.

Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to get that off my chest.

Ditto!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I agree! I love that I can have an extra battery and I love the Touchstone so much that I have two, one at home and one at the office.
    I, too, love my Pre.

Are there issues? Of course. Have I ever owned a phone that didn't have any issues? Of course not.

For my needs and usage, the Pre is damn near perfect. The things that I find to be "missing" are almost all available via apps/homebrew/tweaks. Other things will come in time. I have checked out other phones and none compare to the Pre for my needs. I love the form factor, I love the physical keyboard - even though I thought it was too small at first, I have become accustomed to it, I love the fact that I can drop my "questionably obtained" MP3s on it without issue, I love that I can switch batteries, I could go on and on...

There are definitely things I would change/improve upon if I was in charge, but by and large it's been a great new tool/toy.
    Palm Pre - Mind=Blown... Love my Pre!
    I agree my Pre is the best phone I have ever owned and I have had em all iPhone/Hero/Moment/HTC touch.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I too really love my Pre...it does an excellent job filling my wants and needs in a phone. Multitasking is such a beeze on it that I don't think I could use any other at this point. Thank you for the post!
    The Pre is leaps and bounds the best smartphone I have owned. Sometimes it may lag a bit (what phone never lags) and we are still waiting for flash but it's an amazing phone.
    I think the iPhone is a great phone for lots of people just not me and I drink the Apple Cool Aid daily. I can't wait to see what Palm will come up with next!
    Ahh, now for my first ever post:

I was getting frustrated with all the complaints that were posted here as well- NOT saying they weren't warrented to some degree. I had upgraded from the HTC Touch to the Pre about 2 months ago and I could not be happier!

I think the vast majority of Pre owners are not necessarily going to get into unlock their Pre to get into "Developer Mode" in order to create/load new apps or tweaks, etc. I think most of the buyers are people wanting a sweet gadget that does lots of cool stuff, thats easy to use, etc, etc (basically everything listed in the OP's post).

I have been reading through this forum since I bought it just to see if I could scrape the surface of all that is Pre. I decided to get brave and allow my Pre to retrieve some cool Homebrew apps and themes. I too am glad there aren't 90000000000 apps as well, mainly because I see my best friend endlessly search through the billion IPhone apps to find a "quality" app to meet his needs.

The money I spent on the Pre has been worth every cent! Pandora- awesome, GPS- awesome, TWC app- awesome. Texting is SOOOO much better on this that my Touch.

All in all, this is the best phone I've ever owned too. And when I get savvy enough with it to explore "unlocking" more developement type stuff, well, I'll just go, instead, and upgrade to the Palm Pre 6, or what ever the new offering will be at that time.

BTW, dz1262, there is a Homebrew Farting app. and I unregrettably downloaded it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast