1.    #1  
    The Pre's speaker is on the back, and when watching videos or using speakerphone, the speaker points away from you. You have a choice of pointing the mic or the speaker toward you, not both. (My old Treo 755 did not have that problem because the mic was on the bottom edge, so you could turn it over and lay it on the table for speakerphone use.)

I found that if I cup my hand behind the Pre and make a "fleshware" reflector, the sound is much better. I cup my left palm and hold the Pre horizonally with the speaker on the left rear. Try it!

Now, how about someone making an actual hardware reflector? Maybe some enterprising Pre accessory manufacturer can devise a case with its own little sliding plastic parabola. A Mickey Mouse ear.
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    ha

I've been doing exactly this from the first day I got my Pre... I never thought to name it, though.
    I thought of something entirely different when I read the title...
    lol
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    i generally put it on a a hard surface so that the audio reflects but i see ur point.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    The Pre's speaker is on the back, and when watching videos or using speakerphone, the speaker points away from you. You have a choice of pointing the mic or the speaker toward you, not both. (My old Treo 755 did not have that problem because the mic was on the bottom edge, so you could turn it over and lay it on the table for speakerphone use.)

I found that if I cup my hand behind the Pre and make a "fleshware" reflector, the sound is much better. I cup my left palm and hold the Pre horizonally with the speaker on the left rear. Try it!

Now, how about someone making an actual hardware reflector? Maybe some enterprising Pre accessory manufacturer can devise a case with its own little sliding plastic parabola. A Mickey Mouse ear.
    The Touchstone does this pretty naturally--the sound reflects back from the table or whatever surface you have it on. You can also just set the Pre down on a table--the curve of the back ensures the sound can get out.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer