Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Last night I dropped my Pre from about waist high, and it landed on an ashphalt parking lot.

I am currently using the rubberized Touchstone back cover, and on the screen, I am using a Boxwave protector. (It does not cover the sides.)

Sure enough, 2 scratches/dings on the sides. Small, but looks like crap. You can see the surface is dented, and the shiny coating is scraped off.

As for the back, there is a tiny dent in the Touchstone cover, which is barely noticeable. No problem on the screen.

So, my advice, based on this mishap would be:

• Use a screen cover that extends to the sides.

• If you have the Touchstone back, you are probably ok with just that.

I actually love the Boxwave protector because you just place it on - no need for water/soap, and it is crystal clear. However it doesn't cover the sides, and if you think about it, a falling phone will probably hit at least one corner/side as it lands.

I probably would have been OK if I kept the phone in the suede-ish brown/orange Palm holder, but that's a bit of a pain, and probably doesn't help keep it cool.

If anyone has other ideas/suggestions, lemme know.
    I use a sedieo innocase for my pre and when I slug it mistakenly it broke one of my tabs on the front cover ,but it spared my pre from any damage and I also use phantom skim which has sides and corners, but to make it fit better I cut the corner tabs off and it works great for me !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have a hard case that they were selling at my sprint store. I have no idea what company it's from but it's touchtone compatible and surrounds the pre in a protective shell. Slides with the machine and everything. Pretty nifty imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    I have a hard case that they were selling at my sprint store. I have no idea what company it's from but it's touchtone compatible and surrounds the pre in a protective shell. Slides with the machine and everything. Pretty nifty imo.
    Do you know what brand? Im looking for a good high-quality hard-case.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I dropped my Pre two days ago, while the slider was open. Now the slider doesn't open all the way, so I can't use the top row of the keyboard. It is amazing how many words use "QWERTYUIOP"! So I am getting a new one shipped in today. I do like the phone and the form factor, though, but I guess this is a hazard. I did not have any kind of case on it at the time.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've dropped mine several times, and its definitely starting to get the dinged-up look. My biggest concern is its starting to feel like the front and back parts might be seperating. The front doesn't sit completely flush with the back anymore, and I'm just worried one of these days I'll drop it and the screen's going to snap right off the phone. I've wondered if anyone else has encountered this, and if I'm just over-analyzing it.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skwerl1 View Post
    I've dropped mine several times, and its definitely starting to get the dinged-up look. My biggest concern is its starting to feel like the front and back parts might be seperating. The front doesn't sit completely flush with the back anymore, and I'm just worried one of these days I'll drop it and the screen's going to snap right off the phone. I've wondered if anyone else has encountered this, and if I'm just over-analyzing it.
    By "front and back parts", do you mean the battery cover, or the keyboard/slider?

There is a small bit of play with the slider, but if the rear battery cover isn't flush with the rest of the case, that's a bit iffy.
    exactly why I have the invisible shield... get one of them and worry no more
    I also purchased an invisible shield but never installed worried about applying with water and bubbles and such. Your experience (nuzzle)?

The Boxwave Protector may be a better option, but either way also use the clear hard shell protector sold at Best Buy.
    the invis shield is ok but hard to put on , the phantom skin comes with two just in case you mess up lol but is alot easier .at least it was for me.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->