Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Show Name: Castle
    Season: 2
    Episode: 8
    Elapse Time: 30:55 minutes
    Use: Beckett uses the Palm Pre in the forensics lab at the coroner's office.

I think we need a database ONLY for Pre sightings. I really think we need an online database JUST for Pre sightings in the movies and TV. I'm willing to write the code, but I just need to know if its worth my time. If 10 people reply to this post and say YES... I'll get working on it. Feel free to mention what fields should be included. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why would anyone care about Pre sightings in movies and tv? Am i missing something?

I feel this is about as dumb as unboxing videos.
    I think that's a 'no' from cardfan.

Also, you probably should have just made this a poll -- yes, no, don't care. I'd vote the latter.

/Kevin
    That's the 2nd show on ABC with the Pre. Flash Forward was the other that I know of.

To me, it's an interesting bit of trivia. Maybe we need a Pre Trivia forum.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

+1

I also don't care when I spot a Nissan Pathfinder, Blue Jeans or a mug of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Why would anyone care about Pre sightings in movies and tv? Am i missing something?

i would just like to point out that on Heroes, they were geo-tagging photos. which is an option i can't seem to find. also flipping through the photo album fast that I've ever see with perfectly clear pictures every time. not burry than clearing up.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    i would just like to point out that on Heroes, they were geo-tagging photos. which is an option i can't seem to find. also flipping through the photo album fast that I've ever see with perfectly clear pictures every time. not burry than clearing up.
    You turn geotagging on in "location services."
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

I think it's cool that they are being used on TV because it gives the 'trendy' 'high tech' image to the phone for free. If Hollywood thinks things are cutting edge or trendy, then that is free advertising for palm plus a positive image. It means that there is interest for the phone in the media.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    That's the 2nd show on ABC with the Pre. Flash Forward was the other that I know of.

To me, it's an interesting bit of trivia. Maybe we need a Pre Trivia forum.
    I am pretty sure Mya was using a Pre on Dancing With the Stars last night... that's another ABC show. ha

When I happen to see one, I kind of go "hey, cool", but I wouldn't spend time looking at a database of Pre sightings.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Actually, Castle and Beckett have been using the Pre for a while now, since episode 5. Only noticed it at the end of 5 when they were both on the phone, using the Pre in the closed mode.
  11.    #11  
    User commonplace suggested a poll. That's a great idea. It seems only user Weaser999 picked up on my thoughts. The whole point of my database idea is to PROMOTE the WebOS. Most of us agree that the Palm advertising campaign is weak at best. This thread is all about Palm stock value not just some foolish TV trivia game. I do NOT work for Palm, but I'm a Palm developer. I'm just thinking, the more we users promote the phone, the more people will buy Palm devices. The end result will be that Palm will have more money to build faster better phone devices, so developers like me will have oppotunities to build cool apps in CSS, HTML5 and upcoming Flash.

If you notice, Android has a bunch of comedians in its commercials selling high tech. iPhone keeps harping at there's app for that campaign. Verizon used to have James Earl Jones saying "if your friend has it you should have it too". So I'm thinking if regular people saw TV actors using the Palm phones, they would want one too, just to be cool and hip. The logic in all this is quite stupid, if you ask me. I would never buy high-tech because an actor recommended it. But this issue here is that we all need the regular person's money so Palm can build great technology so that developers like me can write really cool code.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Chris Pratt using it on "Parks & Recreation" Webisode: Parks and Recreation - Chris Pratt Goes Behind The Scenes - Video - NBC.com

I think a database might be overkill, btw. How about just a thread? Like, um, this one.
  13.    #13  
    24 Season 8 Episode 2
    I saw character Dana Walsh use the Palm Pre on 24 while she speaks with someone about her shady past when she is in CTU headquarters.

I thought about the polling idea. Although it is the simple solution, unfortunately, it will not provide the data we need.. for example.. several fields on the season, episode, date, movie title, movie character... etc.. I think this type of info is useful to show the entertainment market penetration of Palm. I think I'll make a little online form so that we can all add our sightings and I'll moderate the incoming data to make it uniform and clean for graphing & charts.
    lol yeah, I seen that last night too.
    It looked so pretty and new...my poor pre has taken quite the beating.
    A phone on a TV show does nothing for it as they either use it to make a simple call, take a picture, or run some covert agent software app that doesn't actually exist.

Not to mention if people don't know about the phone already, they're not going to recognize it on a TV show anyway...
    They partially changed the UI on tonight's episode and it looks like Beckett has a touchstone too.
    at 40.19...
    Doesn't it look like its sitting higher than normal?

My charge port sits about halfway up the touchstone face.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Maybe they installed the patch for that to work...ok, no patch but if you look close, the little charging icon is in on the battery. Maybe they were just using it to show the phone propped up at an angle.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I find it rather unique if i see the phone on a show.........BUT my 9 yr flips out telling me DAD your phones on TV.......then its worse when she sees her 755p being used on a show....the other day she paused some show till i could come see a "giant" 755p on the TV screen. cute and funny that's all.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast