1.    #1  
    As a PAYG user I've been trying to stop the Pre receiving unwanted data since I bought it, nothing worked, only way I could do it was to call my mobile carrier and make them block GPRS, and as many, thought I'd wait for OS 1.3 to have the all important data toggler to impede the d^mn phone connecting all the time.

When I noticed that the Quick System Tasks had a data toggle function I thought bingo! there it is! but was wrong, it doesn't work, my bloody phone still gets unwanted data all the time...

I just wonder, what's gonna be the difference between the coming new OS version 1.3 which many say will solve the issue and the data toggler of applications like "data toggle" and "quick system tasks" (which don't work)? Why should the new OS solve it while these apps can't? Well, just my scepticism...

ps. don't tell me to try and put it on airplane mode or buy a data plan please
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    phoneprefs_2009-10-11_074229.jpg

Do you not have this selection under preferences? When I was outside the US I just ensured that my "Data Usage" switch was turned to OFF. I only had data sync via WI-FI. I don't know if this is available in your current version of OS in the UK. If you don't have it now you will be able to do this in 1.3.x if not natively then thru a patch.
  3.    #3  
    Hi, where you have "automatic" I have the option 2G or 3G, but it doesn't make a iota of difference

Hey, I thanked you anyway cos I saw you're from Pittsburgh, reminded me of The Guardian, brilliant series! ;p
    This switch is not available until 1.2.1.
  5.    #5  
    It may not be present as a default option on 1.1.3, but there are applications which have that switch, they just don't work, hence my scepticism...
    Don't need US users to tell me it works cos you all have data plans and probably couldn't care less about the d^mn switch anyway... need some backed up word by European users.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    he just explained it. 1.1.3 is missing the switch. It is in 1.2.1 and works. And will work when you update.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have to say this is the stupidest title I've seen on here, a quick search for the issue would have shown up that's it present in 1.2 never mind being in 1.3!
    come check out my site @ http:www.willdeasy.com
    Don't complain or your post gets deleted.
  9.    #9  
    Hey, I always search before posting, and I DO know the bloody switch is there on version 1.2 and above, but I also know that, even not natively, I can get the switch with other applications/patches in the 1.1.3 as well, my scepticism stems from the fact that I just don't understand the difference...

In another thread in fact I was told by a US user that the switch in the quick system tasks would work, well... it bloody doesn't, my credit went up in smoke pretty quickly...

Anyway, are you on a PAYG contract??? Are you using OS version 1.2 in Louis Walsh land, YES or NO??? Does it work???

I still have to hear from a European user that has flashed 1.2 on his Pre and has a PAYG contract that it works, I will be convinced when I hear one. Enjoy your eve
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/12/2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Hey, I always search before posting, and I DO know the bloody switch is there on version 1.2 and above, but I also know that, even not natively, I can get the switch with other applications/patches in the 1.1.3 as well, my scepticism stems from the fact that I just don't understand the difference...

In another thread in fact I was told by a US user that the switch in the quick system tasks would work, well... it bloody doesn't, my credit went up in smoke pretty quickly...

Anyway, are you on a PAYG contract??? Are you using OS version 1.2 in Louis Walsh land, YES or NO??? Does it work???

I still have to hear from a European user that has flashed 1.2 on his Pre and has a PAYG contract that it works, I will be convinced when I hear one. Enjoy your eve

Center15 is from Cork, thats different again from being Irish!

Leave out the Louis Walsh stuff, i'm sure you brits aren't exactly proud of Simon Cowell
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/12/2009 at 03:40 PM.
    Why do people buy smartphones only to severely limit their capability and then complain about data usage? It baffles me.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Why do people buy smartphones only to severely limit their capability and then complain about data usage? It baffles me.
    Absolutely true! Handsets like the pre and iphone are based around their online functionality, ya fair enough there is wifi but who can say they are always in a wifi zone?
    It is called WEBOS so i'd expect it to be constantly using data...however just because a tweak or feature is available for 1.2 putting that tweak or feature on a 1.1.3 phone is not going to make it work. The underpinnings are not there. So you may get an icon or graphic or something saying data is turned off, but it cannot support that action until the os gets updated. Flash to sprint 1.2.1 and you are set.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by globemaster1986 View Post
    Center15 is from Cork, thats different again from being Irish!

Leave out the Louis Walsh stuff, i'm sure you brits aren't exactly proud of Simon Cowell
    haha Cork is not Ireland your right there. Ah leave him off I've a sneaky feeling jealously can be a <bad thing>
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/12/2009 at 03:46 PM.
    come check out my site @ http:www.willdeasy.com