Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whats up guys,

I work for Sprint and I have read several posts regarding hardware issues. If your Pre has a hardware defect bring it to a local Sprint store with a repair department and have it replaced before any more damage is done. If your Pre does not have severe physical damage you wont have to claim your replacement through Asurion...but if you wait...you might be stuck paying the 100 dollar deductible.

FYI: Asurion is a piece of sh!t.

oh..and theres no deductible with Sprint!

The Pre devices we have been receiving through Sprints warehouse have a much better build quality as well!
    ooh..sprint is not my friend for a minute...i had a write up that my phone had a hardware problem. went to pick it up and ANOTHER rep RE-assessed my phone said something was wrong wit my usb port and said i couldn't get the phone that was ordered for me unless i paid $119....*eyes squinting*....
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    Whats up guys,

I work for Sprint and I have read several posts regarding hardware issues. If your Pre has a hardware defect bring it to a local Sprint store with a repair department and have it replaced before any more damage is done. If your Pre does not have severe physical damage you wont have to claim your replacement through Asurion...but if you wait...you might be stuck paying the 100 dollar deductible.

The Pre devices we have been receiving through Sprints warehouse have a much better build quality as well!
    This is true
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    Whats up guys,

Not really on the last point. The first refurb Pre Sprint brought out for me had really bad oreo, something none of my other Pre's had, it was very loose, I told them to send it back and order another one, replacement was decent, but it blew it's speakerphone speaker, and literally all I used it for was as an alarm clock and to listen to voice mails. I'm now on my 4th Pre and this is my 2nd refurb, and while it's the most solid one yet, even moreso than my launch day Pre, I don't doubt it's only a matter of time before something goes wrong.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely_olemiss View Post
    ooh..sprint is not my friend for a minute...i had a write up that my phone had a hardware problem. went to pick it up and ANOTHER rep RE-assessed my phone said something was wrong wit my usb port and said i couldn't get the phone that was ordered for me unless i paid $119....*eyes squinting*....
    Thats pure bullsh!it. I would go back to that store...speak to a manager...and demand that they give you the replacement. If the USB port is broken completely then yes you will have to order through Asurion but if its defective or loose then they're just being lazy fukks.

If they refuse I would call Sprint and notify them about the situation or simply visit a different store.
    I just got my first Pre replaced (power button was broken) with a refurbished one, and so far I am very pleased. The slider is very nice, no "oreo", keyboard feels great, no screen issues. Overall I'm very satisfied.
    I'm only on my 2nd Pre. My first stopped charging for me. But this is the best phone I ever had. Just wish development would speed up and apps were actually desirable/worth-my-while.
    Ohh..I was mad..I spoke to the manager..lol..I was mad because I did not care what their procedure was I had to pay for their employees mistake..I was giving two options to buy: pay $119 to get the phone that was ordered for me the same day...or pay $100 and get it shipped from Asurion the next day....Blah...ah well..got my 2nd Pre...:-/
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    FWIW, Sprint has been awesome in replacing defective hardware.
    While on the topic...My Corp. store has been not that helpful. I bought my launch day pre through a sprint authorized resale store. I had planned on lining up at the corp store but I got a call 6/5 from the resaler saying that if I got there at 8AM I was guaranteed a pre. I obliged and got my pre around 9AM. It was a victim of a few dead pixels and I was told to take it and when a replacement was available I would get a call to swap it out. I had trepidations that sales may be so great I would be waiting a while so I took it to the corp store.

The staff was not that helpfull.....they took it to the repair dept and I was told that the dead pixels were probably because of my wallpaper. really?? I relented and they took my name and said they would call me when a replacement was available.

A day or two later the dealer where I bought my pre called and said my replacement was in so I picked it up and was happy for quite a while.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed I had the USB port crack leaking to my screen. After reading posts here I saw it was a known issue and replacements were offered. I went to my resaler and the rep said it would be an insurance claim if it hit the screen, I'm not one to argue so I left it at that. Also checked the corp store and was told the same thing. A week later I was at the resaler I bought my pre at and the rep who looked at the crack was there remembered me and sent me over to the manager who said that I was due a replacement for the crack. She took my info and I had a brand new pre in about 2 days. This one is perfect so far and I am grateful for their loyalty.

A few other notes... The build date on my new pre is 10/9/09. I compared my replacement to a friend's launch pre and my brightness is much lower when on equal settings, I am guessing this is a fix to the brownness issue. I would never have noticed until comparing side to side. Also when looking at our build dates I noticed that the top fields of the screen when checking the build dates of our phones were inversed. OS versions and all else were the same on our phones, but the first section on mine was the second on his. Odd , but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I know this was long, sorry. I am a super happy customer. Just wanted to point out what I have seen and have not yet seen from other posters.

Also, I am still waiting on that call back from the corp store from early June that a replacement is in.
    Yes I'm on the sprint roller coaster of the "oreo" is cosmetic. Went to the sprint repair center tonight and the girl at first acknowledged that yeah there's definitely a gap and yes the power button is loose. She goes to the back for a good 15 minutes then comes back with the attitude that nah its okay its just cosmetic and the phone still works. Okay...wait I've guarded this freaking thing like lil baby Jesus and this kid is going to tell me no its cosmetic, now to me "cosmetic" is a scratch not the thing having a huge gap with externals showing. Don't get me wrong I love my Pre I just want what I have payed for not to have major structure flaws that can let liquid, dust and other crap inside. And dont get me started on when I called *2 they sent me right away to online sales where a kid told me I had to buy another phone. ***
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had a perfect phone when I first signed up with sprint, it worked great for months and then boom, last week the touch screen stopped working. I guess it was just my time to have a hardware problem. Took it into the store and my replacement was in the next day. I picked it up and was on my way. After using it for a while it seems as though the GPS does not work as well as my previous one. The problem is that it constantly jumps around to a different street while using the Sprint nav program and it goes into a re-route loop for a few minutes and makes it impossible and unreliable to use.

I took this phone back to the sprint store (for this problem and other one, the other they fixed) this week and they said "yeah, the GPS was inaccurate but we rebooted the phone and its working now" Its kind of hard to have them recreate the problem since it picks up where I am just fine but while on the move it is worthless, unlike the previous brand new pre I had.

Is this something I can have them order me a replacement for? They seemed unwilling to do this for me. What about using sprints self service phone replacement online tool? I am worried about going this route since if they are unable to find a hardware defect they will charge me for the replacement.

Oh, I have tried that GPS fix for the first time to add additional GPS modes but that hasn't changed anything.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    haha wow if only this were true. I went in to the store because I had a crack coming from the USB port and they told me that it was physical damage that I caused. I had to spend two hours with Sprint, until they refunded my deductible. I'm now waiting for my Asurion phone to come today
    I took my Asurion replacement Pre to a sprint store w/ a repair center and they told me they could not replace it, and that I had to call Asurion (after I called them, told them I had a refurb and they told me to come down.). Asurion told me that the fact that the power button stopped working was physical damage. after talking to 6 people I finally talked to someone who was able to waive the deductible - "because I'm a valued customer and now that I understand about physical damage" it's like they intentionally misunderstand you.

The refurb I just got has a build date of 6.8.09 it better not overheat on me.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I guess some day, if my wife or I ever get past our first Pre's, we'll find out how well this works for us.....

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Seeing this is nice, because I will go to Sprint and get mine replaced this weekend. I've been waiting to hear that better build quality batches are around because mine is horrible (launch day). Maybe then I won't want to switch to a new device everyday! I do love WebOS just hate the build quality.
    That's total bull crap I have the same USB door crack that's been posted in several threads by hundreds of others I went into the sprint corporate store where I bought my Pre but because Sprint and Palm refuse to recognize this as a defect in workmanship they consider this my fault I have never dropped my Pre there are no other marks anywhere on the thing and I babied it since the day I bought the thing I even keep it in a 60 dollar Piel Frama case that completely covers the Pre. Furthermore now anything that ever goes wrong with my Pre no matter what it is will never be covered by the manufactures warranty and now the crack has made it way to the screen as well and while it seems to have stopped for now and so far there are no issues with using the thing I am all but certain this is going to cost me 100 bucks someday for something that should have been covered under Sprint's/Palms warranty.

Ohh did I mention I have been a loyal Sprint customer for 10+ years. That and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald's.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    Ohh did I mention I have been a loyal Sprint customer for 10+ years. That and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald's.
    It only costs $1 for a cup of coffee at McDonald's!
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It only costs $1 for a cup of coffee at McDonald's!
    I always get the large size
    Hmmm ok then maybe you can explain why store manager at the Sprint store failed to give me a second replacement when the first replacement I received had a very wobbly slider. All I was told was that another replacement wouldn't be any better as all the Pres they have at the warehouse have the same issue.

Not that this matters anymore as I switched to Verizon after being left in the cold by Sprint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast