Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i must say... perhaps it's because the guy had multiple apps running at the same time... but it definitely does not seem as fast as everyone had imagined...

my pre is just as fast if not faster than the pixie in the video
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    And the pre should be faster...
    My Pre is just as fast as that with 5-6 cards open... which is sorta' laggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoeii View Post
    i must say... perhaps it's because the guy had multiple apps running at the same time... but it definitely does not seem as fast as everyone had imagined...

my pre is just as fast if not faster than the pixie in the video
    ...and that's the point--if the Pixi on 1.3.1 is just as fast as the Pre on 1.2.1 despite its slower hardware, perhaps the Pre on 1.3.1 will be quite a bit faster than the Pre on 1.2.1.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    though... it seems swiping between application screens in the launcher is much much slower than on the pre. there's very noticeable lag.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Facebook app!?!??!?!?!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Still has the same stupid pause when you scroll a long list. Thats hella annoying....

dunno who made this other video - but look at approx 4:00 for a facebook app? Is this true??
    Yes it is true. A facebook app is coming from Palm but it is kind of like FriendsFlow... so its not a full in depth app.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post

dunno who made this other video - but look at approx 4:00 for a facebook app? Is this true??
    I have a UK Palm pre on 1.1.3 and trust me, the Pixi in this video looks way fast. Mine is much more laggy than that.
    why so hard to get a full functioning facebook app
    I saw the 1.3.1 vid on the pixie too on precentral news. Everything seemed the same. Granted the vid poster mainly shuffled the cards and web surfing.
    took a long time for the camera to load. i hated that on my 2G cause with kid by the time the camera loads the moment is gone. the droid camera was not as slow for comparison.

some parts of the video the pre ran fine... some laggy and that last app never loaded.

i noticed the clear film still over the display so wonder if some of his attempts to swipe here and there was not because of the film and would have been better if off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    obviously its not a priority at palm
    When the new update comes, what do I need to do to my Pre because of the homebrew?
    Just uninstall your patches and themes. Though the last update, I left all mine on, and everything worked fine after the update. Only thing I had to do was uninstall the theme and reinstall it again, as it went back to the default theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Just uninstall your patches and themes. Though the last update, I left all mine on, and everything worked fine after the update. Only thing I had to do was uninstall the theme and reinstall it again, as it went back to the default theme.
    Hey dude, your name looks familiar, where you on the PDAPhoneHome Sprint Touch forum before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    I hope they don't include that as part of the main OS. Just make it downloadable from the App Catalog. Many people don't want to waste space on their Pre with Facebook.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    No video functionality = don't care.

It's been too damn long already and we've already proved that the Pre can take video just fine. I don't know what the hell Palm is doing, but they sure aren't moving fast enough. With all the new stuff coming out, Palm is lagging behind very badly.
    It's probably quite a full schedule for them at the moment.

GSM Pre launch & post launch issues
    Pixi Launch
    unified firmware update for all devices to 1.3.1? (complete with fixes).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12