Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i wanted to change my boot logo screen so i went ahead and followed the guid on webos internals and now when my fone boots up it shows the image but flashes a fuzy black screen with what looks like the image of luna manager and my phone will not turn on so i can not run docotor. im dooomed!!1 :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon bailey View Post
    i wanted to change my boot logo screen so i went ahead and followed the guid on webos internals and now when my fone boots up it shows the image but flashes a fuzy black screen with what looks like the image of luna manager and my phone will not turn on so i can not run docotor. im dooomed!!1 :'(
    Not doomed shut phone down all the way. Hold the volume up while booting the phone with the power button. It should launch in USB mode even tho you don't see anything. plug into your computer and doctor it from there.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Sounds like a trip to the doctor is needed
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    when i hold the volume key up and the power button at the same time it just boots the phone up how to i get it to go in usb mode
    havent done this for a while

but I think you REMOVE THE BATTERY, press on the UP VOLUME KEY (hold iit) continue holding it and then press the power button.

a USB dialog screen should come up. then run webosdoctor
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon bailey View Post
    when i hold the volume key up and the power button at the same time it just boots the phone up how to i get it to go in usb mode
    Follow the steps on the following link. How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Look for the steps that say what to do when the computer does not recognize your pre. When they say power off the phone you have the option of removing the battery like trim81 mentioned and insert it while connected to the computer and holding down the volume up button. Make sure the WebOSDoctor is at the point where the next is grayed out and you cannot click it. After you reinsert the battery while holding down the up volume button, the next should become available to click. Hope that helps.
    Why did you do the boot images manually? You do realize you can do it through WebOS Doctor, right?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    it's still not working and i followed the steps on webos internals it won't put it in usb mode
    I know this is going to sound patronizing, but we can't see what you're doing, so this is the best advice I can give:
    • Disconnect your Pre from everything
    • Remove the back
    • Remove the battery
    • Plug in the UBS cable to the Pre, and to your computer
    • Hold the volume up button, (that's the button on the left side of the Pre, closest to the top)
    • While hoding the volume up button, put the battery back in

You will now see the large USB connection logo.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i got thanks