Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I 've updated to the latest version but do not get the LED Blink notification option. Also, my text threads are hidden. I have to search the name in order to find the thread. Anyone have any answers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharuqadelphia View Post
    I 've updated to the latest version but do not get the LED Blink notification option. Also, my text threads are hidden. I have to search the name in order to find the thread. Anyone have any answers?
    ??? we really dont understand what is your problem!!! can u explain us?
    LED Notification is a patch. You might want to start here to get started on that.

Missing text messages is something you can search on. You might find this post helpful, or you may have to do a partial erase from what I've read.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    LED Notification is a patch. You might want to start here to get started on that.

Missing text messages is something you can search on. You might find this post helpful, or you may have to do a partial erase from what I've read.
    i didnt understand that lol!
    If Palm does not include something as simple as message notification options on the next update, this phone is getting sold to the highest bidder and I'm jumping ship back to Verizon. This is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    If Palm does not include something as simple as message notification options on the next update, this phone is getting sold to the highest bidder and I'm jumping ship back to Verizon. This is ridiculous.
    Great. If Verizon works for you, go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    Great. If Verizon works for you, go for it.
    +1. Tell Verizon Precentral says hello.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    ??? we really dont understand what is your problem!!! can u explain us?
    When my wife texts me, for example, I get the notification but the thread is not under my "conversations". When you are at the "conversations" home page and begin to type a name it searches for the the thread of the persons name you type. Well, that is the only way my conversation thread shows from my wife when I type her name as to search for it. It's like it is masked or something. Make more sense?
    When my wife texts me, for example, I get the notification but the thread is not under my "conversations". When you are at the "conversations" home page and begin to type a name it searches for the the thread of the persons name you type. Well, that is the only way my conversation thread shows from my wife when I type her name as to search for it. It's like it is masked or something. Make more sense?
    thats weird do u have any messaging patches installed?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

11.    #11  
    THIS WORKED!!!!!!

[QUOTE=Sharper;1757363]I was at a lost when this happened to me as well....until I did this...

1. Go to a the particular person in "Contacts" and bring up their screen
    2. Tap on their name (at the top)
    3. Tap "Link more profiles..."
    4. Link them to another contact (only temporary)
    5. Close contact
    6. Open that person's contact again
    7. Tap on their name or their link...and tap "unlink"

That person and their conversation will reappear in your "Messaging"...where you can individually delete conversations one by one or the entire conversation.

Do this for each person that no long shows up in your "Messaging" area.

Reply back and let me know how it goes...it should work for you!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Search hidden conversations messaging and you find this: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2010370

Good luck
    The missing conversations thing is a known problem and has been recorded by Palm to fix (per their comment on the Palm forum).

The problem with the solution offered is, you have to know who is sending you the texts that are getting hidden.

The only way I know of to fix it for all contacts, and I've had to do it once on my phone, and once on my son's phone, is to do a Partial Erase. You can do this by going to Device Info (type dev and it'll pop up) and select reset options. Before you do this though, back up your phone. Plug it into a computer, select USB mode, and then copy all files from your phone to your computer. Once you have successfully logged back into your account to reset all your contacts, etc (those are backed up), plug the Pre back into your computer and copy your files back on to your Pre.

As for the blinking LED notifications, if you have installed the tweak via WebOS Quick Install, you still have to go to Screen and Lock (type scr and it'll pop up) and select Blink Notifications to On.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Seriously, I like the phone. It's been my favorite device and I've had a lot of smart phones.
    That said, this is the first smart phone I've owned that can't do recurring alerts. It's a simple function, and a phone with this feature set should not need a hack to do it.
    Seriously, I like the phone. It's been my favorite device and I've had a lot of smart phones.
    That said, this is the first smart phone I've owned that can't do recurring alerts. It's a simple function, and a phone with this feature set should not need a hack to do it.
    i understand that...ive known that since the phone came out....but in my honest opinion i dont care till palm does it then im good...but for now i dont care
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i understand that...ive known that since the phone came out....but in my honest opinion i dont care till palm does it then im good...but for now i dont care
    For the most part it's not an issue. However, in my job when you're expected to respond to calls and alerts for client issues (down servers, system failures, etc...) not get getting a recurring alert on a message that came in can and has for me, become a larger problem.
    For the most part it's not an issue. However, in my job when you're expected to respond to calls and alerts for client issues (down servers, system failures, etc...) not get getting a recurring alert on a message that came in can and has for me, become a larger problem.
    thats never happened to me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    For the most part it's not an issue. However, in my job when you're expected to respond to calls and alerts.
    They text you to let you know it's time to salt the french fries? Why can't they just yell to you in the back?
    hahahhahhhhaha lol
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Pharuqadelphia;2025150]THIS WORKED!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    I was at a lost when this happened to me as well....until I did this...

1. Go to a the particular person in "Contacts" and bring up their screen
    2. Tap on their name (at the top)
    3. Tap "Link more profiles..."
    4. Link them to another contact (only temporary)
    5. Close contact
    6. Open that person's contact again
    7. Tap on their name or their link...and tap "unlink"

That person and their conversation will reappear in your "Messaging"...where you can individually delete conversations one by one or the entire conversation.

Do this for each person that no long shows up in your "Messaging" area.

Reply back and let me know how it goes...it should work for you!
    This has happened to me twice now. First time went to a Sprint Store, had to stand in line and then get my Pre completely wiped. Second time did this and worked beautifully!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast