Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thats never happened to me
    So, your phone is so special that it's sitting on your counter or something, you're out of the room and you miss a call, you head back into the room and you see a light flash, or eventually hear a reminder sound?

    The Pre does not do that without applying one of the hacks...sorry.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    So, your phone is so special that it's sitting on your counter or something, you're out of the room and you miss a call, you head back into the room and you see a light flash, or eventually hear a reminder sound?

    The Pre does not do that without applying one of the hacks...sorry.
    that's why there's a hack for that
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    For the most part it's not an issue. However, in my job when you're expected to respond to calls and alerts for client issues (down servers, system failures, etc...) not get getting a recurring alert on a message that came in can and has for me, become a larger problem.
    You must have known after using the phone for 30 days that there were not reoccurring alerts. If not, there are bigger issues. Guessing that you could figure out that there weren't reoccurring alerts and you needed them for your job, why in the heck did you keep the phone?!? Sounds like you made a mistake on keeping it. I would just switch to a different phone if it didn't meet my needs, not demand the phone to be changed to meet my needs. Sorry to hear you made the mistake of keeping the phone.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    You must have known after using the phone for 30 days that there were not reoccurring alerts. If not, there are bigger issues. Guessing that you could figure out that there weren't reoccurring alerts and you needed them for your job, why in the heck did you keep the phone?!? Sounds like you made a mistake on keeping it. I would just switch to a different phone if it didn't meet my needs, not demand the phone to be changed to meet my needs. Sorry to hear you made the mistake of keeping the phone.
    I'd go through the whole history but here it is long story made short.

    I tried to switch it, they gave me a Bold, but I didn't want to add the extra $20 per month to my unlimited plan for Exchange email support.
    They gave me back the Pre. They asked me to wait until the 1.2 and 1.2.1 updates were out and see at that point.
    I waited, the issue was not resolved so I went to exchange it.
    They said it was past 30 days so they wouldn't do it.
    I explained what happened, that I followed their recommendation to wait and see, and they basically said I shouldn't have listed to them...tough luck.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    I'd go through the whole history but here it is long story made short.

    I tried to switch it, they gave me a Bold, but I didn't want to add the extra $20 per month to my unlimited plan for Exchange email support.
    They gave me back the Pre. They asked me to wait until the 1.2 and 1.2.1 updates were out and see at that point.
    I waited, the issue was not resolved so I went to exchange it.
    They said it was past 30 days so they wouldn't do it.
    I explained what happened, that I followed their recommendation to wait and see, and they basically said I shouldn't have listed to them...tough luck.
    that sucks dude...sorry 2 hear that
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    I'd go through the whole history but here it is long story made short.

    I tried to switch it, they gave me a Bold, but I didn't want to add the extra $20 per month to my unlimited plan for Exchange email support.
    They gave me back the Pre. They asked me to wait until the 1.2 and 1.2.1 updates were out and see at that point.
    I waited, the issue was not resolved so I went to exchange it.
    They said it was past 30 days so they wouldn't do it.
    I explained what happened, that I followed their recommendation to wait and see, and they basically said I shouldn't have listed to them...tough luck.
    I would agree. That does suck. Ultimately I still would have chosen a phone that met my needs at the current time as opposed to hoping 1.2 would then meet my needs. Instead of taking the Pre back you should have tried a different phone altogether. I'm not trying to sound completely critical but what it comes down to is that you picked a phone that did not meet your current needs in hopes of it one day meeting them. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

    However, it doesn't really help anyone to complain about something that you did to yourself (Well in this case a rep. Sprint, best buy, etc. Either way hopefully this shows others to always take what a rep tells you with a grain of salt). Sorry for your unfortunate situation but it looks like you will have to ride this one out or pay money for listening to a phone rep. Hopefully the LED patch can suffice.
  7. #27  
    Well, I keep reading more and more on it and I've decided that if the next update doesn't make me happy I'm just going to download preware or something and hack the crap out of it until it fits my needs.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    Well, I keep reading more and more on it and I've decided that if the next update doesn't make me happy I'm just going to download preware or something and hack the crap out of it until it fits my needs.
    good!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    Seriously, I like the phone. It's been my favorite device and I've had a lot of smart phones.
    That said, this is the first smart phone I've owned that can't do recurring alerts. It's a simple function, and a phone with this feature set should not need a hack to do it.
    I have created patches for notification repeats for messagging, phone, calendar and email. They are available in Preware and/or WebOS Quick Install.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions