1.    #1  
    Pretty busy this morning, and lots of guests in the office. So, I watched the Pixi unboxing video on the front page bud didn't listen to the audio. Anybody else notice that the UI seemed much crisper and faster on the Pixi--less of the stuttering and lagging when opening new apps, etc.?

If what I saw on the Pixi is any measure of what's coming in 1.3.X, I'm thinking we Pre users with faster hardware should be plenty pleased...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Anybody else notice that the UI seemed much crisper and faster on the Pixi--less of the stuttering and lagging when opening new apps, etc.?
    Hmmm, that is about as fast as my Pre is right now. The only one that seemed a little faster was the contacts app. But, there were only two contacts in his list whereas I have hundreds.
    Don't really see a difference? If it were a night and day thing, that would be something but it's really not...
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    Seems much more responsive than mine. Granted, could be fewer apps loaded, fewer contacts, etc. Time will tell.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    They were also running the video at double the recorded frame rate--you missed the chipmunk voices since you didn't have the sound on.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I think the point the OP is making, or at least what I take from the video is, that even with the gimped hardware, the Pixi still runs well, which could translate to good things coming for the Pre. If it doesn't run slower than our current Pre's, and it's got a processor thats some 200mhz slower, something is different about the OS.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I think we'll know more in the next few days as reviews of the Pixi start bubbling up. Remember, it launches this Sunday.
    1.3 is not bringing drastic speed updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    1.3 is not bringing drastic speed updates.
    Every 1.X revision has brought speed updates. Whether you consider them drastic or not is a matter of opinion, but they've consistently made this phone faster since launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Every 1.X revision has brought speed updates. Whether you consider them drastic or not is a matter of opinion, but they've consistently made this phone faster since launch.
    i agree with this actually. the point of the update might not be a "speed update", however as time goes on, palm is optimizing the webos javascript code to run more efficiently - thus the phone will be faster from this
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I would agree with this statement, for the most part. It's just unfortunately that, for me at least, 1.2.1 undid the performance gain I'd noticed in 1.2.
    Well crap, I should have watched it this morning. Now the embedding was disabled, and when you go to YouTube to try to watch the video, it's set to Private. Grrrr! Has anyone found a way to still watch this video?
    I thought you were going to mention the lack of headphones.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well crap, I should have watched it this morning. Now the embedding was disabled, and when you go to YouTube to try to watch the video, it's set to Private. Grrrr! Has anyone found a way to still watch this video?
    This one?
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    This one?
    Well look at that, guess it's back up or did someone else put it back up?