1.    #1  
    I thought the Fair Dinkum patch was supposed to fix this. It seemed to fix as I have been able to download more stuff. Today I tried downloading an app from the app store and got the sorry not enough memory error. I also have the MvApp patch. What is my problem?
    Same here. My phone pretty much got screwed up. With or without Fair Dinkum I can now not install anything anymore. Not sure what caused this but I'll have no choice but to doctor my device I think.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  3.    #3  
    I uninstalled fair dinkum as per intructions since the latest version of package manager incorporates this. Still same problem. Any ideas?
    *bump* same here. im having this issue ever since uninstalling that "FAIR DINKUM" but i have installed the new preware and packaging service thing. so idk.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I also had the problem over the weekend. I ended up doctoring it.
    Apparently, there is a second limit on app space imposed by Palm. You need at least 100 mb free on the /var partition on your filesystem. Same thing happened to me. For me, it looks like I need to clean out the emails and attachments to make more room for apps.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Since you have mvapp installed, run doctor diagnostics from the Terminal app...

mvapp doctor

Paste or summarize the results of the doctor in this thread and we can help determine your issue.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    Apparently, there is a second limit on app space imposed by Palm. You need at least 100 mb free on the /var partition on your filesystem. Same thing happened to me. For me, it looks like I need to clean out the emails and attachments to make more room for apps.
    how would u go about doing that
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    and how do i go about seeing how much space i have free
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Use 'mvapp'. See my post, back three posts.
  11.    #11  
    Ok, I just followed all the instructions on the mvapp and was able to move my emails and some apps off the var and this fixed my issue. Thanks XORG!
    hey yall this works so definitely check it out. it is real simple. i had no clue what i was doing but i was done in under ten minutes and it all makes sense. thanks!