1.    #1  
    with the alarm (set for 7.30am) i noticed the screen does not turn on or flash or anything when it goes off, is this a bug? and does anybody else have it?

with the touchstone, is there a way to turn OFF the screen? as the time and the lock icon dont move around like on other phones, so its very very likely to burn into the screen after a while, also at night its too bright

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    with the alarm (set for 7.30am) i noticed the screen does not turn on or flash or anything when it goes off, is this a bug? and does anybody else have it?

with the touchstone, is there a way to turn OFF the screen? as the time and the lock icon dont move around like on other phones, so its very very likely to burn into the screen after a while, also at night its too bright

thanks in advance
    My alarm works without fail on the touchstone. Unfortunately the screen stays on but its suppose to double up as a nightlight/alarm clock, wouldnt mind so much if it was just a little dimmer. On a thread on here someone called/email palm and they mentioned that the screen would not burn with this feature. We have a 24 month warranty aways so dont worry.
    Brightness unlinked (from the homebrew stuff I think) allows you to press the power button when the Pre is on the touchstone to turn the screen off.

NOTE: If you have the annoying repeating "phone charging" message/beeping at 100% charge the screen will turn on again.
    My alarm has not failed on the touchstone, noise and the screen lights up with the 'Dismiss' 'Snooze' options.
    I am having a similar problem to peabrain. I have both an Alarm clock setting and a calendar event with reminder that do not fire in the morning when using the touchstone. I did a quick test last night and set a calendar event for 10:30pm and it was 10:25pm. Dropped the pre on the touchstone and the reminder displayed at 10:30pm as expected.

Race condition or overheating or something is going on. I'm going to do another test overnight using just the USB charging cable. If so, I will probably be returning and/or exchanging my touchstone.
    Last edited by dwight.d.s; 11/20/2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: corrected charger to touchstone