Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    When the 1.3 update comes to Europe, will we get the full app catalogue inclusing paid for apps? If we do, how does it work, do you add card details to your Palm profile, or do you have to enter your details each time you make a purchase?

Any replies gratefully received
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    When the 1.3 update comes to Europe, will we get the full app catalogue inclusing paid for apps? If we do, how does it work, do you add card details to your Palm profile, or do you have to enter your details each time you make a purchase?

Any replies gratefully received
    (1) That appears to be the plan.
    (2) You enter your credit card information into your profile and sign in with a password to purchase apps.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Since I wasn't able to find any of things in the forum (or it's my language barrier), and to not create additional posts, I'll write here.

Im on GSM Palm Pre (running 1.1.3 WebOS), my questions:

Is there a easy way to send a contact info (phone number, email address) via Messaging or Email App? As of now there's only option to add a picture, or Edit contact info, copy number/email, and then paste it to message.

Is there any data usage counter (EDGE/GPRS/3G)? Usage statistics?

Is there a way to connect to Ad-hoc type (Windows Internet Sharing) Wi-Fi?

Can you configure an use Yahoo! Mail (free, not Plus) on Pre using Email app? If I let Pre configure it, i get error that POP3 is not allowed for me, if I configure it manually (adding paml.imap.mail.yahoo...), i get different error.

Thanks for your feedback.

Im considering, if its worth the hassle to update my Pre to 1.2.1 USA WebOS version (just fot the virtual keyboard), or I should wait for official 1.3.1 (or whatever it will be).
    It is entirely possible (maybe even probable) 1.3.1 will be made available to everybody on the 15th. I wouldn't bother upgrading to 1.2.1 until after 1.3.1 has been released to find out if it applies to the GSM models.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Since I wasn't able to find any of things in the forum (or it's my language barrier), and to not create additional posts, I'll write here.

Im on GSM Palm Pre (running 1.1.3 WebOS), my questions:

Is there a easy way to send a contact info (phone number, email address) via Messaging or Email App? As of now there's only option to add a picture, or Edit contact info, copy number/email, and then paste it to message.

Is there any data usage counter (EDGE/GPRS/3G)? Usage statistics?

Is there a way to connect to Ad-hoc type (Windows Internet Sharing) Wi-Fi?

Can you configure an use Yahoo! Mail (free, not Plus) on Pre using Email app? If I let Pre configure it, i get error that POP3 is not allowed for me, if I configure it manually (adding paml.imap.mail.yahoo...), i get different error.

Thanks for your feedback.

Im considering, if its worth the hassle to update my Pre to 1.2.1 USA WebOS version (just fot the virtual keyboard), or I should wait for official 1.3.1 (or whatever it will be).
    in contacts program, select contact, hit the contact menu upper left hand corner, then send contact by email. It will send it as a vCard

No counter that i am aware of yet

MyTether will allow a computer to connect to the pre by ad-hoc

I dont think you can use yahoo email.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    in contacts program, select contact, hit the contact menu upper left hand corner, then send contact by email. It will send it as a vCard

No counter that i am aware of yet

MyTether will allow a computer to connect to the pre by ad-hoc

I dont think you can use yahoo email.
    Thanks NxTech3,

But I have no option to send it by email.

As of MyTether, I'm aware of this app, but my interest is connecting to computer's internet connection (not sharing it from Pre).

Let's just wait and see what 1.3.1 brings
    Attached Images Attached Images