1.    #1  
    Here is an article says more apps on the way? did anyone know this?...sorry if repeat

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Next month, the company will essentially relaunch its application store, potentially boosting the number of programs users will find there.
    To date, Palm has listed in its App Catalog only programs submitted by a select few companies, such as The New York Times, Pandora and ESPN. But beginning next month, the store will be open to the unwashed masses of software developers. According to the company, its development kit for webOS has seen tens of thousands of downloads, which could indicate a coming boom in the number of apps available for Palm devices.
    I'm not sure where they got this info. I thought the beta catalog was pretty much open now, and companies could submit their programs, with like a week or so delay for Palm to post it..

The article makes it seem like the catalog will get a redesign when it comes out of beta.
    How old is that article? Sounds like old news maybe? I tried the link, but it was dead,...hmmm
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    How old is that article? Sounds like old news maybe? I tried the link, but it was dead,...hmmm
    11/08/2009 by this guy: Troy Wolverton (troywolv) on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    yea the article said it was from November 8th
    http://www.siliconvalley.com/ci_13724446?nclick_check=1

Saw this in another thread.

To date, Palm has listed in its App Catalog only programs submitted by a select few companies, such as The New York Times, Pandora and ESPN. But beginning next month, the store will be open to the unwashed masses

Really? I've seen homebrew graduates and others..

Unfortunately, Palm seems to be learning this lesson the hard way. Not only did it delay opening up the App Catalog to the masses until six months after the Pre's launch, but it didn't open up its development kit — which is the first thing programmers need to be able to write software for a particularly platform — until July, and it didn't allow its hand-picked developers to charge for their applications until September.

Again with the "hand picked developers"

I'm not sure what to make of it. He makes it sound like Palm is ready to unload hundreds of apps next month.
    article was "Updated: 11/09/2009 08:50:56 AM PST"

pretty recent I think....
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    article was "Updated: 11/09/2009 08:50:56 AM PST"

pretty recent I think....
    No changes regarding the "relaunch" though..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I'm not sure where they got this info. I thought the beta catalog was pretty much open now, and companies could submit their programs, with like a week or so delay for Palm to post it..
    No, the beta app catalog is still only for specific developers. Sure, anyone can submit an application via email and hope to be accepted but that's about it if you were not a part of the prerelease program.

Once the app catalog is out of beta (Palm already told us at the end of the year), anyone will be able to submit applications appropriately.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of it. He makes it sound like Palm is ready to unload hundreds of apps next month.
    I think they were just trying to say that the app catalog will be open to all developers next month so you'd expect more applications.