1.    #1  
    I was just wondering what one can do to prevent the iPhone Worm issue from becoming a problem on a WebOS phone. What's the easiest way to change the password from the default?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I was just wondering what one can do to prevent the iPhone Worm issue from becoming a problem on a WebOS phone. What's the easiest way to change the password from the default?

Thanks
    The default method covered by webos-internals already avoids this issue by making sure you cannot log into the phone remotely (ssh) by the root account and that all configuration is done by a user that you set up and give escalated privileges to through the sudo command.

In other words, security holes like this have been addressed since the beginning and are constantly being looked at by the webos-internals team.

I believe that at one point the MyTether app had a similar security hole in it's default installation procedure and I am unsure if this has been fixed since.
  3.    #3  
    Wow. Thanks for the quick response.
    As long as your root(superuser) account has a password your all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]