1.    #1  
    ive tried for over a week to use webos quick install and it hasnt worked. ive re-installed everything, and followed every step ive seen to try and make it work and i still get the message "error no device detected." so i was wondering if there was another way to get homebrew apps/tweaks onto my phone. and help at all is greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Preware now has a desktop installer. Give that a try. get.preware.org
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Preware now has a desktop installer. Give that a try. get.preware.org
    Preware's installs works the same as WebOS Quick Install. If you can't get a connection working with WOSQI, then Preware's desktop install won't change things
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by GnR13 View Post
    ive tried for over a week to use webos quick install and it hasnt worked. ive re-installed everything, and followed every step ive seen to try and make it work and i still get the message "error no device detected." so i was wondering if there was another way to get homebrew apps/tweaks onto my phone. and help at all is greatly appreciated
    Are you in developer mode?

What do you mean installed? There is nothing to install!

Make sure the WebOsDoctor.jar,WebOsQuickInstall.jar are in the same file on your computer.

Make sure they both have the .jar suffix, sometime they are labeled .download. If this is the case rename the files to .jar

Again make sure you are in developer mode.

Then plug in your Pre and choose just charge.

Click on the WebOsQuickInstall.jar file and you should be connected!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #5  
    yes im in developer mode
    i mean i reinstalled novacom within webos quick install
    they are in the same file, with the .jar suffix
    ive chosen just charge
    i have webos quick install up on my computer just the way it said and its working fine until i press install cuz im still getting the "error: no device detected" message!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    One thought: Did you verify that it's running? Check; this was a problem for me back when I installed QI. If Novacom isn't running, you can install it manually. See instructions here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    It doesn't matter if you're not using Windows 7; I'm running Vista, and these instructions worked. As I recall, it wasn't difficult, and it saved me a growing headache.
    Is your cable good?
    yes im in developer mode
    ive chosen just charge
    i have webos quick install up on my computer just the way it said and its working fine until i press install cuz im still getting the "error: no device detected" message!
    If you direct message me I will go through it with you and get it to work, no problem.
    can i use preware installer to install patches? its just that one patch from fritos is not working for me, and ive been installing it with quick install, i was wondering if preware installer would make a difference

btw jason, just installed quickinstall 2.96 and im happy iphone spoof is back (might use that to use google wave) but 0% launcher opacity no longer makes the background of the launcher totally go away :/ its just misty. thanks for all your work tho!
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 12/09/2009 at 12:25 AM.
    using PreWare Installer wont make any difference, If it dont work w/ WOSQI then it wont Work Period....

You have an issue w/ some other patch thats not compatible?

What patches do you have? and which patch are you trying to install?

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    That happened to me when I first tried to install it myself, after you create a new folder and place the Preware, WebOsInstall, and Webdoctor in the same folder, reboot your computer and plug in your phone to make sure your computer recognizes your Pre. Then it should work in a snap. Once I did that it was simple, before that I was thinking it couldn't be this difficult.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    using PreWare Installer wont make any difference, If it dont work w/ WOSQI then it wont Work Period....

You have an issue w/ some other patch thats not compatible?

What patches do you have? and which patch are you trying to install?
    yeah thats probably it. i have 42 patches i think?

4x4 icons v3, all day events in month view, allow browser in low mem, audio/vid attachmnts, battery icon and percent, capture (pics) with volume keys, change launcher opacity, command line, compose to email, date as carrier string, default to month view, delete (email) from notification, enable add/delete pages, enable landscape pdf viewer, enable vibration (its either dialer or calculator), full im status, gestureclick context menu, gps in device menu, hide: [amazon mp3, music player, nascar, quick launch bar], improve file name format (photo), lower swap threshold, multi mod, new card per convo, no auto off wile charging, no battery level, open to alarm list, powersave cpu scaling 500mhz, reset to first page, show actual battery percent, slider blocks orientation change, swipe history/auto confirm, iswipe t delete videos, unhide dev mode icon, unthrottle download manager, uscl memos patch, video downloads (youtube), wrap location field, wrap pages

improve file name format might have something to do with it. im trying to get the patch here to work. i can install it fine, but it doesnt work. its supposed to let you delete a "line/row" of photos (3 photos) faster or reorganize lines of photos. i can do both of those things with this patch, but it doesnt save what i did (if i close the photo app or gesture out/back from the photo roll, the lines of photos that i reorganized or deleted are back the way they were when i return). the app works for everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    yeah thats probably it. i have 42 patches i think?

4x4 icons v3, all day events in month view, allow browser in low mem, audio/vid attachmnts, battery icon and percent, capture (pics) with volume keys, change launcher opacity, command line, compose to email, date as carrier string, default to month view, delete (email) from notification, enable add/delete pages, enable landscape pdf viewer, enable vibration (its either dialer or calculator), full im status, gestureclick context menu, gps in device menu, hide: [amazon mp3, music player, nascar, quick launch bar], improve file name format (photo), lower swap threshold, multi mod, new card per convo, no auto off wile charging, no battery level, open to alarm list, powersave cpu scaling 500mhz, reset to first page, show actual battery percent, slider blocks orientation change, swipe history/auto confirm, iswipe t delete videos, unhide dev mode icon, unthrottle download manager, uscl memos patch, video downloads (youtube), wrap location field, wrap pages

improve file name format might have something to do with it. im trying to get the patch here to work. i can install it fine, but it doesnt work. its supposed to let you delete a "line/row" of photos (3 photos) faster or reorganize lines of photos. i can do both of those things with this patch, but it doesnt save what i did (if i close the photo app or gesture out/back from the photo roll, the lines of photos that i reorganized or deleted are back the way they were when i return). the app works for everyone else
    try removing improve file name format and see if that helps.

Follow the link below.

:/ did not work but thanks anyway. I think I might just wait for an updated version of that patch
    yes im in developer mode
    ive chosen just charge
    PC > Add/delete programs > uninstall Novacomd first

after that completes, now try to reinstall:

WebOS Quick Install > File > options > Reinstall Novacom
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!