1.    #1  
    Everyone so far has spoken of doing a major overhaul to webos to lose the lag but (correct me if I'm wrong or oversimplifying this) but the pre has a 600 mhz processor underclocked to 500mhz wouldnt the immediate answer to lag be to clock it back up to its potential again correct me if im wrong
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 11/08/2009 at 05:58 PM.
    it really beats up battery life if you do, and 600 mhz is not the answer, the lag is still there if you clock it up.
  3.    #3  
    If even maxing out the processor wouldnt lose the lag is there any answer to the lag
    There is a thread called "GPU Access = Lag Free Pre? " that talks all about the speed of the pre and how it relates to GPU access and cpu speed. Take a look at that and if you have questions we'll be glad to help you.
    The problem with the pre is that the software isnt optimized to is full potential. Once Palm takes advantage of the GPU AND optimizes the javascripted software to run more efficiently, then there will be less or minimal lag
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    . . . optimizes the javascripted software to run more efficiently
    How do you do this and what type of gains are realistically expected?
    Quote Originally Posted by nautical34 View Post
    There is a thread called "GPU Access = Lag Free Pre? " that talks all about the speed of the pre and how it relates to GPU access and cpu speed. Take a look at that and if you have questions we'll be glad to help you.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-free-pre.html
    I have been using my Pre since August and I love it, but I did notice the lag when opening applications. But ever since I have owned the Pre I always kept everything closed until I needed it. But today I decided to keep the Apps open and use them as I need them. It seems as if the lag is gone. I really don't know a whole lot about the hardware, but does this make since to anyone? I am going to continue to use it like this to see if I notice any big changes.