Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I've been having an odd issue with my Pre for the last few weeks. Somehow my phone has gets "stuck". It doesn't receive phone calls, text messages, emails, or anything for hours at a time. There's no way to "jog" it, it seems.

It seems to work normally- I can send emails, texts, and make phone calls, but there seems to be a lag that grows the more I try to do. All of a sudden, it "catches up" to itself, and the EVDO icon blinks a lot, the signal icon lights up and blacks out a few times, and in a sudden rush, I get the phone calls I hadn't received until that point, in addition to texts and (sometimes) emails.

Is this happening to anyone else? To say it's annoying would be an understatement of the highest degree, and I've tried fixing it by using the Palm WebOS Doctor multiple times, but no luck. Which is weird, because if it's not a software problem (as the lack of being fixed by the Doctor would indicate), then it would have to be a hardware one. Defective radio, maybe? I'm at a loss.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Sometimes mine will go a while without receiving emails and texts, but never calls.

Usually I'll get a notification on my pre within 5 minutes of getting an email. But once in a while i'll go an hour or two. It just started happening the last week or so.
    I had this "problem" this weekend right after leaving the Yankee Parade/Celebration! i thought the amount of people was the problem. the phone would go offline. texts and contacts take forever to "load". i called sprint who said the network was fine, who referred me to palm who said call back in 24 hours. today i call sprint who walk me through a reset which seems to have worked. possibly all the applications/contacts which occupy the same space and the constant deleting apps to make room for new apps have used the limited memory we have on the phone?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don1lather View Post
    I had this "problem" this weekend right after leaving the Yankee Parade/Celebration! i thought the amount of people was the problem. the phone would go offline. texts and contacts take forever to "load". i called sprint who said the network was fine, who referred me to palm who said call back in 24 hours. today i call sprint who walk me through a reset which seems to have worked. possibly all the applications/contacts which occupy the same space and the constant deleting apps to make room for new apps have used the limited memory we have on the phone?
    Can you explain what Sprint had you do? I'm willing to try anything, because I figured if completely wiping the phone and reinstalling the software didn't work, nothing would. Did your seem to play "catch-up" all of a sudden, where you would get texts and missed calls from hours and hours back?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Just in the first week following the US launch of the Palm Pre , a handful of new, third-party Palm Pre apps have appeared including one that lets you collect credit card payments and a few data sync tools, joining the original 15 or so apps available in the App Catalog. (This is in addition to a dozen or so apps pre-installed on the device when you buy one.)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've been having this problem for a while now. Sprint did some things and it got better for a couple of days, and then it went back to it's old ways. Now, I'm not getting emails either. Sprint swears it's not their fault, but I believe it is a problem with their network.
    What area are you in? Im in VT and I have no issues to far!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moller212 View Post
    Just in the first week following the US launch of the Palm Pre , a handful of new, third-party Palm Pre apps have appeared including one that lets you collect credit card payments and a few data sync tools, joining the original 15 or so apps available in the App Catalog. (This is in addition to a dozen or so apps pre-installed on the device when you buy one.)
    And I think that deserves a big hearty, "wt (e+1 letter)", from me (us?) to you.

Quote Originally Posted by av1atrx View Post
    I've been having this problem for a while now. Sprint did some things and it got better for a couple of days, and then it went back to it's old ways. Now, I'm not getting emails either. Sprint swears it's not their fault, but I believe it is a problem with their network.
    Have you done the whole resetting thing with and without the use of the web doctor? I've recommended the Pre to countless people who've bought it- I've literally been directly responsible for 10 people's purchases of the phone. I say this because their Pre's are fine. Mine (the one who freakin' recommended the thing!) is not. Did I mention I'm on my 6th Pre? I'm beginning to think it's me...