1.    #1  
    So a few days ago my pre phone app started to cut in and out but I figured I could just deal with it and suck it up, but yesterday my phone app just stopped working all together, I could neither send sound through my mic or receive sound through the small speaker on the face of the phone. So I brought the phone to sprint this morning to get it replaced, but when I get there they tell me that they can't replace it at the current time, so they told me that I can just use my speakerphone to make calls until next week. I then dropped the question of if I could replace it for a phone of equal value, they declined this proposition.

Long story short is there any sort of work around that I could use to change my phone for a phone of equal value, (the htc hero)? If it helps I am a premier member.
    are they ordering you a replacement? If they can't fix it then should be doing that. I had the same issue and they ordered me a phone that got in the next day. Make sure they come up with a solution and not just a band aid. Demand they order you another unit. They might exchange for another unit. Make sure to talk to the manager about that one. I could see them thinking that would not work since they already subsidized the Pre.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    No.
  4.    #4  
    they said they ordered me another but the manager kept dodging the my question about the quality of the replacement and if it was new or used
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boscoton87 View Post
    they said they ordered me another but the manager kept dodging the my question about the quality of the replacement and if it was new or used
    it will be refurbished. it is a common misconception that refurbished phones are 'bad' or of poorer quality then new phones.
  6.    #6  
    What I'm mainly angry about is the fact that I offered to take a refurbished hero so that it could cost about the same as a refurbished pre but he still declined. I went through this same crap with my rumor, the store kept cycling the same 2 rumors to me and they both had the same problem.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    What I'm mainly angry about is the fact that I offered to take a refurbished hero so that it could cost about the same as a refurbished pre but he still declined. I went through this same crap with my rumor, the store kept cycling the same 2 rumors to me and they both had the same problem.
    you have insurance on the pre not the hero. they are not giving you crap they are following the rules dictated by insurance.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    you have insurance on the pre not the hero. they are not giving you crap they are following the rules dictated by insurance.
    Shouldn't this be a warranty issue rather than an insurance issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    +1. ^^

Also, if you didn't like the customer service you were getting at that particular store, you should have gone to a different store. You should get the kind of service that you want. Don't settle for anything less but you also can't make the rules as you go. They are only following procedures.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    if he has insurace it would be an insurnace issue. if he doesn't have insurance then it would be a warranty issue; regardless, either way the phone that would be replaced/repaired would be the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabro View Post
    Shouldn't this be a warranty issue rather than an insurance issue?
    It is a warranty issue since it doesn't involve physical damage of any sort. That store should be ordering you a "new" phone from the warehouse. If it's any consolation though, my refurb Pre is MILES better than my launch one. Nice tight slider, with no dead pixels. And if you don't like the one they give you, it's your right to make them send you another one. Check to also see if you have a "Sprint Repair Center" in your area. You can do that by going to Sprint.com->Find A Store(located on the top right), type in your address and click, "Repair Center". Repair Centers are usually much more chill about you swapping out phones and etc. And also, it's usually easier to swap your phone through them since chances are, the repair tech can sympathize with the fact you want a perfect Pre!
  12.    #12  
    K thanks for help
    They will not replace it with a "used" phone.
    First of all, I'm suspicious that the "store kept cycling the same 2 rumors" to you. What did you base that one? Did you track serial numbers? If so, why did you ever accept one back that you had already given to them?

Finally, if it is the case, why did you return to the same store for your Pre?

Here's what I'm reading between the lines (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). You were dissatisfied with the Rumor, so you convinced them to exchange it for a Pre. Now you're dissatisfied with the Pre, and want them to replace it with a Hero. Is this a correct (if brief) summary?
    if you originally purchased the phone less then 30 days ago, you can return it for a full refund. after that get any phone you want.