Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Wow lots of opinions here thus far. I'm feeling more confused than when I arrived

Now I'm afraid I'm gonna break my phone if I buy the wrong case for it
    I prefer Ghost Armor as a screen protector. It's easy to install, smooth to the touch, and easy to keep clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
    Wow lots of opinions here thus far. I'm feeling more confused than when I arrived

Now I'm afraid I'm gonna break my phone if I buy the wrong case for it
    Not to confuse you any more ... but I think the design and shape of the Pre (curved with a vertical slider) make any sort of form-fitting, hard-shell case a tough thing. Add to that the fact that some of them interfere with the Touchstone, and it is somewhat of a confusing issue.

Don't want to discourage you from protecting your investment, and a screen protector of some sort is an absolute *must* IMO. But you might want to live with the Pre for a little while (and read some more reviews) before investing in a shell. A carrying case of some sort (I actually use the little pouch that came with it) may be an alternative.
  4.    #24  
    Is there a certain form-fitting case that everyone seems to like?

I just don't want to drop it and break it. Well... I have never dropped my phone but I know my Wife will drop her Pre at some point. She has been through 3 phones in two years. I have warned her to be super careful with this phone because its not like the other flip phones you can just drop and they are usually ok. That's the main reason I am looking for a super-case. I'd get her a wrist strap to connect to the phone if I could lol
  5.    #25  
    Well.... Saturday is the big day. Getting mentally prepared to drop almost $400.

Going to buy:
    2x Palm Pre with pre-installed 1.3.1
    2x invisibleSHIELD Front Coverage for Palm Pre (Installed by Best Buy)
    2x Cases of some sort. I'll probably get a Pouch and I'll wrap my Wife's in bubble wrap.

Taking deep breaths.... I can do this. Im excited but nervous to spend the money.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
    Is there a certain form-fitting case that everyone seems to like?

I just don't want to drop it and break it. Well... I have never dropped my phone but I know my Wife will drop her Pre at some point. She has been through 3 phones in two years. I have warned her to be super careful with this phone because its not like the other flip phones you can just drop and they are usually ok. That's the main reason I am looking for a super-case. I'd get her a wrist strap to connect to the phone if I could lol
    Have you thought about packing peanuts and duct tape? Actually I think the Sprint Hard Case is supposed to be pretty good.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    my screen is almost perfect without a protective cover and I have had it over 2 months now (would of been longer but it's my 3rd lol).

It's not thaaat important to get it but I always keep my phone alone in me left pocket with the screen faced towards my leg. If your wife is always putting it in her purse then it is probably a very good idea. Definitely keep in mind the touchstone, it will be an extra 70 for 2 backs and the actual stone.

Comparing the price you get:
    2 Front Invishields or w/e will probably put you @ 30 for two phones. Thats a given.

Probables:
    2 Nylon Cases - 30$ Each so 60$
    2 Back Cases + 1 touchstone - 70$
    2 Kits (1 back + 1 touchstone @ 50 each) - 100$

Honestly, if anything you should consider the second option. The backs feel SOOO much better than the original and cause for less slip. Also, 10 extra dollars is worth the sexiness of no case + a touchstone.
  8.    #28  
    Got my phone and I FREAKING LOVE IT!

We even splurged and got 2x Touchstone! hahaha

We bought the InvisiShield and tried to apply it ourselves and messed it up BAD,....

So we're going Monday to have Best Buy install it. Other than that this phone is amazing! I just gotta be careful with it until Monday!
    Last edited by ArmageddonX; 11/27/2009 at 01:05 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12