Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by booklaw1 View Post
    Works flawlessly on my '08 335xi. I had to ask the dealer to explain how to access my contacts, but they were in fact there and accessible.
    how did you get the contacts to work ...contacts are not available on my 2008 535xi or my wifes X3 ...palm phone contacts never worked with BMW as far as I know
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
    how did you get the contacts to work ...contacts are not available on my 2008 535xi or my wifes X3 ...palm phone contacts never worked with BMW as far as I know
    My Centro pairs perfectly with the iDrive on my 09 135i Vert. I get the complete list of Contacts. I think they changed the BT implementation though because my Treo 650 didn't work so well with an 07 5 series.
    Cant get contact on my 07 335i. Any help would be awesome.
  4. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    RE contacts: Bet he meant speed dials. My Treo 680 speed dials come through on my 2006 M3 Nav screen. Never even thought to try the whole contact list. Speaking of BMWs and Pres, I just crossed a site called trapster.com that says the Pre and Pixi are about to be supported. very cool !

ADS
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    No contacts on my '06 335i (with Nav/iDrive). Yet my prior Windows Mobile devices all worked. And the other 3 dumbphones on my Sprint account all work. Extremely disappointing. I'm not sure what variation of BT BMW requires to make contacts transfer to the car, but it is inexcusable that a 5-year old dumbphone works perfectly and the Pre does not. Can't be that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    So, I'm getting ready to go pick up my new 135i next week and I was wondering if anyone on here is in the club and could let me know if the hands free BT is gonna work or not..
    haha we gotta have a seperate bmw forum of pre owners.

owner of 1997 bmw 328i, i have a headunit on it with a BT reciever and that works fine. im gunna attempt to put the touchstone in there
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    yea but you're getting v8 like performance out of a v6.
    HECK YES! cant wait to turbo mine in the summer!!!

lol to the smart a$$es about the v6
    Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post
    RE contacts: Bet he meant speed dials. My Treo 680 speed dials come through on my 2006 M3 Nav screen. Never even thought to try the whole contact list. Speaking of BMWs and Pres, I just crossed a site called trapster.com that says the Pre and Pixi are about to be supported. very cool !

ADS
    I meant Contacts. On my Treo 650 paired with an 07 5 series, speed dials synced but not Contacts. On my GSM Centro (very similar to a 680) paired to an 09 135 vert with iDrive, all contacts sync.

Two points to note.

1) The Treo 680 and GSM Centro contacts & phone apps are completely different from the contacts and phone apps in all other PalmOS Treos and Centros.

2) The 09 1 series, 3 series and 7 series have a completely new iDrive system which probably includes a completely new BT implementation.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12