View Poll Results: Are Calendar Alarm sounds important to you?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is a serious oversight. It should be fixed right away.

5 31.25%
  • I don't use the Calendar; I couldn't care less.

0 0%
  • The dinging noise is fine for me.

5 31.25%
  • Other Calendar failures are even more important to me.

3 18.75%
  • Who cares? When do we get iTunes?

0 0%
  • I wish I'd known before my 30 day return period was up.

1 6.25%
  • It is already fixed. I use My Notification or the many patches.

3 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    The only Calendar Alarm sound on every Pre is a tinny, very brief dinging noise. If you miss it, it's gone forever. My wife carries her Pre in her purse, and now misses Calendar alarms (and appointments). I'm sorry I ever encouraged her to get one.

There are no 3rd-party apps to fix this. Sprint can't fix it.

No MP3 clips. No louder or longer sound. No sound every few minutes if you missed the original ding.
    In fact, no other sound at all. Of any kind. Ever.

Double Fail; the Alarm Clock sound will also fail until you respond to the Calendar alarm you didn't hear.

An ideal solution would be to let us use an MP3 clip that gradually increases in volume, so we could hear it before everyone else during a meeting. My CLIQ does all that (after I added a notifications folder).

Heck, my tired, old RAZR phone (and every Palm product ever made) had a vastly better Calendar Alarm system than the Pre. Other folks have lots of other complaints about the calendar, too.

This goes beyond lame and crippled; it goes all the way to toy quality.

If you don't have a Pre, and you think you'll ever use a calendar, wait for Palm/Sprint to fix this glaring programming oversight. Unless you don't care about missing appointments.

Palms used to be valuable for business use. Those days are gone.
    Last edited by chazzmann; 11/06/2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: clarity
    cant you use My Notification and change the calendar alert sound?
    Yes you can. Or you can get your troll on. It's a matter of preference, I suppose.
    try timepiece. That may fix ur 2nd problem
    I added a key option to the poll that most here at PreCentral will already know:

It is already fixed. I use My Notification and the many patches.

At PreCentral we are not trapped by what Palm does. When the developers here see a missing feature or something that needs to be fixed, they fix it.

Use the How to Install Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes instructions to install the patches you need.

Wait until you see. It's easy. For example, see Music Player (Remix) to see what the music player should have been.

If you want a different patch, ask for it in the patch forum.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/07/2009 at 11:25 AM.
    I just committed email messaging and phone notification repeat patchs last night should be available in Preware soon. I have a patch available via Preware for calendar notification reminders also.