Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I just launched a new App on the App Catalog called: PictureIt. Its for seacrhing, browsing, downloading, and sharing public Images/pictures from popular web sources (like google, bing, flickr) on your phone.. Checkout the preview at: http://codinary.com. Its pretty sweet.
    Last edited by snoopgoat; 11/07/2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Initial descr was misleading
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Demo looked nice. However missing from the demo was the obligatory Pre lag :P. Will check it out...
  3.    #3  
    hehe...good one
    Snoop you app looks very very nice!! I don't have a reason to dl'ed it just yet, but come out with more apps!! Developers are cool! :-)
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Great app. Been looking for something like this. Thanks for posting here. I saw the app but was convinced to buy by going to your developer page.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Great app. Been looking for something like this. Thanks for posting here. I saw the app but was convinced to buy by going to your developer page.
    I agree -- nice webpage.

I'm not sure I'll use this app, but the demo convinced me I needed it
    Very nice man
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys...we tried hard to create something beautiful and useful.
    Cool App!

I could be wrong, but Microsoft might have a trademark on "Picture It"
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Plans to expand to other sites?

I'd love to see a deviantArt image search.

Good job so far. Also, I like your site, very professional.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post

+1
    Correct thread title to match thread content.

- Craig
    Couldn't find an anwer on the site: does the app allow choosing a folder to download to, or do all downloads just go to the "download" folder? I like to find wallpaper and place it in the "wallpaper" folder to limit what Switcharoo shows... It's a pain to have to USB connect and move pics around.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Yeah, the title of this thread is misleading. I was hoping for an app to search for images stored on my phone. The title should be "App for searching for images on the web"
  15. oa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post

Thanks Spyral, I'm a partner @ codinary & we are looking at expanding to other sources. It doesn't look like Deviant Art has an API yet but we will look into it. Thanks for suggestion.
  16. oa
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Couldn't find an anwer on the site: does the app allow choosing a folder to download to, or do all downloads just go to the "download" folder? I like to find wallpaper and place it in the "wallpaper" folder to limit what Switcharoo shows... It's a pain to have to USB connect and move pics around.
    I'm sure you dont need to move an image to the 'Wallpaper' folder to use it as a wallpaper. You can set an image as your wallpaper from the downloads folder without the moving pics around. We will look into selecting other folders to download to. Thanks.

- OA for codinary.
    Quote Originally Posted by oa View Post
    I'm sure you dont need to move an image to the 'Wallpaper' folder to use it as a wallpaper. You can set an image as your wallpaper from the downloads folder without the moving pics around. We will look into selecting other folders to download to. Thanks.

- OA for codinary.
    Yes, you can in general select wallpaper from different picture folders. What I mean is, in the app Switcharoo, you can select all folders or a specific folder from which to randomly draw wallpapers. I only want my wallpapers coming from my \Wallpapers folder, not from screen captures, photos, etc. So, if I find a picture via your app, I'd love to be able to place it in a folder to either make it available as a wallpaper, or not.

Thanks!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    Yeah, the title of this thread is misleading. I was hoping for an app to search for images stored on my phone. The title should be "App for searching for images on the web"
    Sorry about the misleading title. PictureIt is an App for seacrhing, browsing, downloading, and sharing Images/pictures from popular web sources (like google, bing, flickr) on your phone.
    On the other hand, we were actually working on an App for searching for images stored locally on you phone. We weren't sure if it was an actual feature people required, so he put it on hold. But you never know...
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Sorry about the misleading title. PictureIt is an App for seacrhing, browsing, downloading, and sharing Images/pictures from popular web sources (like google, bing, flickr) on your phone.
    On the other hand, we were actually working on an App for searching for images stored locally on you phone. We weren't sure if it was an actual feature people required, so he put it on hold. But you never know...
    I changed the title to match this new text.

Could you change your opening post to match what the app really does? Right now you are saying that the app searches for "images on your phone."

- Craig
    I really like the concept, but very limited in search locations. Are you planning on adding more in future updates?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast