Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Jpg's, pdf's... etc.
    Simple stuff like that. I'm not talking about deep inside system files or anything like that.
    For instance, from the phone, I cannot create and label new folders for ANYTHING. I cannot even move pictures around to organize them the way I want to. They are just there in the order they were placed and I can't do a thing to change it without hooking it up to a PC.
    A big reason people get smartphones is so they won't have to be tied to a computer for every little thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Jpg's, pdf's... etc.
    Simple stuff like that. I'm not talking about deep inside system files or anything like that.
    For instance, from the phone, I cannot create and label new folders for ANYTHING. I cannot even move pictures around to organize them the way I want to. They are just there in the order they were placed and I can't do a thing to change it without hooking it up to a PC.
    A big reason people get smartphones is so they won't have to be tied to a computer for every little thing.
    Have you tried Internalz? You can create folders, copy/move files, etc.

I don't think 90% of users would need it, but for those who do, Internalz is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Have you tried Internalz? You can create folders, copy/move files, etc.

I don't think 90% of users would need it, but for those who do, Internalz is awesome.
    heh, believe me when I say there's a LOT in store for Internalz
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll be looking forward to it....and will make another donation towards your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Well, where is it? I want it NOW!!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The pre is SHORT on options - period. This might be an oversimplified analogy, but look at the palm 3. (yep ancient). look at the amount of menu options/preferences. Now look at the menu options of most of the pre apps- NEXT TO NOTHING.

There is "simple to use" - and then there's "limiting" and while perhaps Android is a bit too much of every option you can ever want - Pre has plenty of options missing that you HAD on a previous PALM device since the dawn of time. I don't remember a file manager like the one the Orig. Poster is asking for however- but that being said- it's not a bad idea, nor is it difficult for Palm to implement.

As it is- I can't stand that the Pre asks you on screen what mode to set it in BEFORE it mounts to your computer desktop. I've had 3 pres w/ an unresponsive screen or blank screen develp and as such could not mount the user partition to get to my files to download. This is amazingly short sighted. Being that media sync is useless (thanks to Apple) and there's questionable reasons to even have a "just charge" option- I'd love for it to default to mount the user partition. Easy option for Palm to add- and NO I don't think we should need a HACK/tweak/patch to do this.

Why palm doesn't add this, a file manager- and simple import export of vcard vcal (entire databases) to the user partition for backup purposes is beyond me.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    The pre is SHORT on options - period. This might be an oversimplified analogy, but look at the palm 3. (yep ancient). look at the amount of menu options/preferences. Now look at the menu options of most of the pre apps- NEXT TO NOTHING.

There is "simple to use" - and then there's "limiting" and while perhaps Android is a bit too much of every option you can ever want - Pre has plenty of options missing that you HAD on a previous PALM device since the dawn of time. I don't remember a file manager like the one the Orig. Poster is asking for however- but that being said- it's not a bad idea, nor is it difficult for Palm to implement.

As it is- I can't stand that the Pre asks you on screen what mode to set it in BEFORE it mounts to your computer desktop. I've had 3 pres w/ an unresponsive screen or blank screen develp and as such could not mount the user partition to get to my files to download. This is amazingly short sighted. Being that media sync is useless (thanks to Apple) and there's questionable reasons to even have a "just charge" option- I'd love for it to default to mount the user partition. Easy option for Palm to add- and NO I don't think we should need a HACK/tweak/patch to do this.

Why palm doesn't add this, a file manager- and simple import export of vcard vcal (entire databases) to the user partition for backup purposes is beyond me.
    And you didn't have those options when you purchased the Pre, nor were they promised to you. While they would be nice to have, you bought a specific device, with specific fearures.

If it doesn't meet your needs, change phones.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude about it. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
    Just installed Internalz and in general like it; however one item that is really missing is the Rename option. One thing I was looking forward to do was to be able to rename picture files from the standard CIMG1234.jpg to ShayDrivingInParis.jpg.

NOTE: It is my understanding that Jason is working on this part.

So much to ask so little time to play with the Pre….
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    Just installed Internalz and in general like it; however one item that is really missing is the Rename option. One thing I was looking forward to do was to be able to rename picture files from the standard CIMG1234.jpg to ShayDrivingInParis.jpg.

NOTE: It is my understanding that Jason is working on this part.

So much to ask so little time to play with the Pre….
    Internalz is still under development, that feature is coming soon
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    What files do you want or need to explore? Is there a real need for this for the the average consumer? I thought it was odd at first too, but after using the phone i found i really didn't need or use it.
    Well,
    One irritating thing is that if you save an image from a web page, it will always put it in a standard location (miscellaneous?). Since the browser will not let you put it where you want, some way to move it after the fact without having to connect to a computer would be nice. The photo app could certainly use some file management capabilities as well. Don't get me started on the total lack of organization ability in the pdf reader.
    knobbysideup, install Internalz from homebrew (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/internalz) and you have something like the Windows File Manager / Explore or the Apple Finder program. Start the program navigate to where you have your file and then tap to move it to where you want it to be store – Live is good, thanks to Jason.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Didn't you have a file explorer on ur previous phone? Didn't you use it?
    No. Blackberry doesn't have one, iPhone doesn't have one, dumbphones don't have one. Average user doesn't care or need it.
    Another spectacular thread by dbd
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    No. Blackberry doesn't have one, iPhone doesn't have one, dumbphones don't have one. Average user doesn't care or need it.
    He's right. dbd must have never had any of those phones. The IPhone is the top phone 2 years ahead of the pre and they don't have one. In fact. My wifes seems very limiting, unless of course, you find an app for that.
  16.    #36  
    No, i didn't have crackberry or even an iphone. Just winmo. Thanx Lethal, for taking 35 seconds out of ur life to mention me.
    Dammit, i just did it now too.
    No, i didn't have crackberry or even an iphone. Just winmo. Thanx Lethal, for taking 35 seconds out of ur life to mention me.
    Dammit, i just did it now too.
    ha ha.
  18.    #38  
    [;2035772]ha ha.[/QUOTE]

so dbd are you looking to move on to a differant phone? Which one fits your needs best at the moment?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so dbd are you looking to move on to a differant phone? Which one fits your needs best at the moment?
    Well, i think webOS 'looks' beautiful, it's just that it doesn't have the common-sense functionality and customization that I like to have in a smartphone.
    With that said, if it doesn't get much better by the time Android 2.0 comes to Sprint, i'm seriously gonna look in that direction. I will wait until then.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast