Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how much space is allocated for apps? I have about 20 or so apps and I can not add another app unless I delete one or more. How can the space for apps be expanded? How about the hero? anyone know how much space for apps that phone has?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh290 View Post
    Does anyone know how much space is allocated for apps? I have about 20 or so apps and I can not add another app unless I delete one or more. How can the space for apps be expanded? How about the hero? anyone know how much space for apps that phone has?
    There's lots of info on this subject for the Pre throughout these forums. I suggest begin by reading the link: http://www.precentral.net/app-instal...pp-limit-patch. It'll start to point you in the right direction. There are several ways to increase the number of apps on your phone (move some to media partition, install Fair Dinkum, change partition sizes, etc.). If you install the latest version of Preware, that'll take care of the Fair Dinkum install. You might also consider MVapp to move some apps to the media partition. Searching these forums should provide you with a wealth of info on these solutions and this topic.
    There's also reason to hope that a new version of WebOS will address this problem in the next week or so.