Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyinfa View Post
    Johncc,

I am a he not a she
    Sorry about that
    I'm an Aussie too, and I am getting ready to buy a GSM Palm pre from the UK unlocked, but I don't want to find out that a few weeks after I buy it, the GSM Palm Pre Plus will be unlocked for sale in the UK.

Anyone know of any dates? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    I'm an Aussie too, and I am getting ready to buy a GSM Palm pre from the UK unlocked, but I don't want to find out that a few weeks after I buy it, the GSM Palm Pre Plus will be unlocked for sale in the UK.

Anyone know of any dates? Thanks
    I don't think that you can get a UK one unlocked. German ones are all unlocked with QWERTZ keyboard. Spanish ones (QWERTY) can be unlocked by seller. Haven't heard anything of Pre plus outside the US.

Edit: As pointed out by krsmith88 below the Pre Plus will be in France soon.
    Last edited by johncc; 02/24/2010 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I don't think that you can get a UK one unlocked. German ones are all unlocked with QWERTZ keyboard. Spanish ones (QWERTY) can be unlocked by seller. Haven't heard anything of Pre plus outside the US.
    Isn't SFR getting the Pre Plus soon in France. I wonder if the keyboard is any different? Maybe that would be the way to go with a rebel sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmith88 View Post
    Isn't SFR getting the Pre Plus soon in France. I wonder if the keyboard is any different? Maybe that would be the way to go with a rebel sim.
    It's likely to be an AZERTY keyboard, but the WebOS Internals Meta Doctor can fix that ...

-- Rod
    Rod, Any thoughts on why I can receive MMS on VodaAU but not send? I had a look through the carrierDB file, and its kinda messy with lots of refs to live.vodafone.com for different vf providers worldwide, but nothing really sticks out.
    I actually made a carrierDB with only the Aus voda settings in it, but it made no difference at all.
    When I send a pic, to myself or others, it arrives with just the text and a 0.1k attachment, which looks like you should be able to tap on it and download it, but it's just grey?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Downloading 1.4
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    how?? I get "Your phone is up to date."
    Quote Originally Posted by pangi View Post
    how?? I get "Your phone is up to date."
    O2 DE seems to be the only one not reported available in Aus. (now 40% DL)
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    That's what I've got and I'm not getting an update either.

I'm about to put mine on eBay unless somebody is looking for a bargain on the forum?
    I've got a 1.4 OTA for O2 unlocked German Pre.

BTW, the WebOS Doctor (and meta-doctor support) for that device is now available:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I got it for the spanish pre about 9.30pm, it has fixed the mms bug that we had on VodaAU ie: receive but not send. :-)

Can't seem to find my 1000 autoreplace words in preware :-(
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've got a 1.4 OTA for O2 unlocked German Pre.

BTW, the WebOS Doctor (and meta-doctor support) for that device is now available:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    How come yours works Rod? whats the secret sauce?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pangi View Post
    How come yours works Rod? whats the secret sauce?
    ...I gave in and doctored. Took 2 hours to download!
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I'm in trouble!!

Any suggestions will be highly highly appreciated.
    Mine took a long time to download, then started unpacking and froze.
    Now when I ask for the update it says Downloading for a few seconds, switches to Unpacking and after two seconds switches back to Downlaoding and says it cannot connect and it'll download in the next few days.

The phone works but it wont upgrade and keeps going through the same cycle.
    I'm an Aussie, also with a German Pre and am quite confused... please help.

I was patiently waiting for the German App Catalog to be added to. Last night I finally saw NFSU on there, but after downloading and installing, found it was all in German. That was the last straw, so I downloaded and installed (using meta-doctor) Rod's 1.4 Web Doctor for Sprint.

This apparently completed successfully, but I still appear to be tracking the German App Store, and now it only has 139 Apps. I also don't seem to have any Sprint-specific apps, and my carrier listed in Device Info still says 'ROW'.

Do I have to learn German, or is there really a way to track a different App Store?
    A quick note for anyone who's ever tried to use the GPS in Australia (or in fact anybody in the southern hemisphere). webOS 1.4.0 fixed the negative-latitude bug, so GPS now works. (At least, it does for me, I have a Movistar ES phone.)

Edit: or maybe it was just my phone, since it's been working for everybody else for a while!
    Last edited by calroth; 02/28/2010 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by calroth View Post
    A quick note for anyone who's ever tried to use the GPS in Australia (or in fact anybody in the southern hemisphere). webOS 1.4.0 fixed the negative-latitude bug, so GPS now works. (At least, it does for me, I have a Movistar ES phone.)
    Mine has been working properly since I got it.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    same here johncc, never had any gps probs.

fishiazza, the need for speed app is the only one i've come across so far that isn't in english (apart from some spanish apps obviously made by the spanish telco, movistar).

99.99% of everything to do with my spanish pre is in english. not enough to annoy me.

Although, it seems movistar pres only get spanish nfsu, and german ones vice versa. this is a little annoying, especially as monopoly and sims appear to be in english, right?

weird
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    smae here john, although it was always pretty slow. It seems much faster now.

Bennish, I actually came accross a couple of others German language apps as well, but also not enough to worry me. However that is not such an issue for me anymore as I have resolved that with the fix for my other problem... I was disappointed that a lot of my apps were unavailable to me with version 1.4 (even after I re-installed the German GSM firmware). Now 139 apps, down from 255. If I try to install some through preware, I am told that I need to update my system, but the updates app doesn't update anything.

Anyway, I followed the directions here to download any free app from any country and got the apps I'd lost as well as Need For Speed - English version... SWEET!
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast