Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Rod,

just trying to be helpful and confirm for myself.

However, I'm curious, is it a software option as to which bandwidth is used? It might explain the delay in the Eu releases of WebOS.
    No worries, just trying to save people time.

It's not just a software option. You want to have antenna and RF circuitry tuned to the right freq. Let alone spectrum authority certification ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    but the phone is quad band, so it can use the 850mhz. So it ha sthe antenna and the RF circuitry.

Anyway, you are the expert, so I'll take your word for it.
    Oh well I'll have to either hope that the Mexican one gets unlocked or Palm actually see fit to release it here in NZ. I got all excited when I saw this Palm Pre - Full phone specifications and it said HSDPA at 850MHz :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    I just checked (Spent quite a bit of time) and it seems that Optus and Vodafone use 900Mhz & 2100Mhz. That Telstra uses 850Mhz.

The Eu version uses 900Mhz (Surely this is just a software option)

the NA version uses 850Mhz.

So, if you want Telstra Next G you seem to need the NA version.
    Actually the Eu version uses 900Mhz / 2100Mhz which is why it works on Telstra (not nextG) in the cities that Telstra have 2100 hardware.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Actually the Eu version uses 900Mhz / 2100Mhz which is why it works on Telstra (not nextG) in the cities that Telstra have 2100 hardware.
    Thanks dbmgreen. Ah! The whole frequency thing (for Telstra) is becoming clear! I've posted separately saying that my EU Pre will connect to 3G (in Melbourne). But I've just spent the weekend out of town and its EDGE ("E") as soon as I got out of the suburbs. So I'm certain that for Telstra NextG I've been using 2100MHz for 3G around the city (but this is patchy in the suburbs). Then, without 850MHz, I'm 3G-less rurally.

Just as well I travel quite a bit to Germany and USA, so at least I'll get 3G over there!

In future I'm sure I won't be able to resist an unlocked US/Mexican GSM Pre!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    So hey... if AT&T brings out a gsm pre plus... that won't work on aussie 3g will it? apart from telstra. i guess it'd be 850 or whatever?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    So hey... if AT&T brings out a gsm pre plus... that won't work on aussie 3g will it? apart from telstra. i guess it'd be 850 or whatever?
    To work on all Australian carriers with 3G, you need 3 UMTS bands. Whilst the Pre does all 4 GSM bands, it only does 2 UMTS bands (different ones for the .eu and .us models).

So you get to work on Telstra (unconfirmed yet, of course), or you get to work on all the others (confirmed by many, including myself), depending on which model you buy.

You'll be able to get GSM no problem on either, just not 3G.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    hmm... i'm mainly thinking of getting an at&t plus (if they turn out to have them) but i'm on optus (virgin) so... guess i'll wait and see what comes out
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    He'll send you a tracking number when it ships, so that eases the frustration
    Spanish postal tracking site - .: Correos :. Track&Trace
    Australia Post - Australia Post- article tracking, parcel tracking item tracking
    Hey what is it with this EMS tracking, it sux as compared to DHL or Fedex, call me kooky, but I love watching where my stuff is, and out of the USA you can see the time in and out of each airport, EMS just give me this.

29/01/2010 In transit.
    30/01/2010 Admitted
    30/01/2010 In transit.
    02/02/2010 Sent from International Destination Office in country of origin
    02/02/2010 In transit.

Doesn't even show on the Aus Post website....

I know I know I'm impatient :-)

I'm sure the actual service is great, it's just the tracking!
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 02/03/2010 at 07:10 PM.

Hey what is it with this EMS tracking, it sux as compared to DHL or Fedex, call me kooky, buy I love watching where my stuff is, and out of the USA you can see the time in and out of each airport, EMS just give me this.
    At least you haven't got Christmas to contend with. I don't think that mine showed on Aus Post's site until it hit Sydney.

This is my complete APO list
    Dec 29, 2009 3:42pm AUSTRALIA - Messenger Post SA - Item delivered.
    Dec 29, 2009 2:14pm AUSTRALIA - Messenger Post SA - Lodged with courier pickup service.
    Dec 29, 2009 7:38am AUSTRALIA - Messenger Post SA - Received at delivery hub.
    Dec 29, 2009 1:45am AUSTRALIA - ADELAIDE - Scheduled for delivery.
    Dec 28, 2009 11:09am AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY - Received and awaiting clearance for delivery.
    Dec 17, 2009 6:35am SPAIN - MADRID AP - Processed - enroute to final destination.
    Dec 14, 2009 6:58pm SPAIN - Item lodged
    Feb 5, 2010 9:19am AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY - Scheduled for delivery.
    Feb 5, 2010 9:16am AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY - Received and awaiting clearance for delivery.
    Feb 2, 2010 12:24am SPAIN - MADRID AP - Processed - enroute to final destination.
    Jan 30, 2010 12:02pm SPAIN - Item lodged

Just had to arrive on a friday!! Probably no delivery till Monday!!

Feb 5, 2010 9:19am AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY - Scheduled for delivery.
    Feb 5, 2010 9:16am AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY - Received and awaiting clearance for delivery.
    Feb 2, 2010 12:24am SPAIN - MADRID AP - Processed - enroute to final destination.
    Jan 30, 2010 12:02pm SPAIN - Item lodged

Just had to arrive on a friday!! Probably no delivery till Monday!!
    If the courier gets hold of it today, you're still a chance. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If the courier gets hold of it today, you're still a chance. Good luck!
    My wife would probably rather it arrived on Monday :-)

Mow the lawns wash the dog take the daughter to the party clean the garage wash the car

vs

Sit inside all weekend and play with the pre...

Telstra users might be interested in this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...akthrough.html
    I don't seem to be having a whole lot of luck with MMS on VodaAU? I have found the following, and have entered the Voda settings as per below, anyone care to comment?

[ TELSTRA ]
    - APN > telstra.mms
    - Username > [Leave Blank]
    - Password > [Leave Blank]
    - MMSC > mmsc.telstra.com:8002
    - MMS Proxy > 10.1.1.181:80
    - MMS Max Message Size > [Leave Blank]
    - MMS UA Prof URL > [Leave Blank]

[ OPTUS ]
    - APN > mms
    - MMSC > mmsc.optus.com.au:8002
    - MMS Proxy > 61.88.190.10:8070

[ VODAFONE ]
    - APN > live.vodafone.com
    - MMSC > pxt.vodafone.net.au/pxtsend
    - MMS Proxy > 10.202.2.60:8080

[ THREE ]
    - APN > 3services
    - MMSC > http://mmsc.three.net.au:10021/mmsc
    - MMS Proxy > 10.176.57.25:8799

[ VIRGIN ]
    - APN > VirginMMS
    - MMSC > mms.virginvibe.com.au:8002
    - MMS Proxy > 202.139.83.152:8070

Additionally my voicemail number keeps defaulting to the whats on the sim I think? Any way to edit this on the sim? I edit it in the phone and when I restart it overwrites that with the sim info?

I don't seem to be having a whole lot of luck with MMS on VodaAU? I have found the following, and have entered the Voda settings as per below, anyone care to comment?

I see from the How many ... thread that pattyinfa is on Voda with an ES Pre. Maybe PM her? Also a number of DE Pre on Voda, including rwhitby.
    Johncc,

I am a he not a she

Yes, im on voda with a ES Pre, everything works fine, 3G, MMS, SMS. I am actually just waiting for Goma to send me another Pre, my first Pre, the external speaker blew, Goma exchanged it for me. Should be getting it back next week.
    Did you adjust the carrier DB file, or does it just work out of the box? What APN etc are you using?

dbmgreen, mine worked fine without any changes, just popped the sim card in and everything worked, when I get my phone back from Goma I will send you the details, APN etc.