Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Look if you really don't like it,...
    But, he does!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    But, he does!
    Bugger!

I'm just waiting for Goma to package mine up and post it to me :-) So hopefully next week??
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Two questions?

Have you all updated yet 1.3.5.2?

Are any of you using Touchstones? Where was the cheapest place to buy them? I would use the shop here, BUT their shipping is kinda expensive.

Two questions?

Have you all updated yet 1.3.5.2?

Are any of you using Touchstones? Where was the cheapest place to buy them? I would use the shop here, BUT their shipping is kinda expensive.
    He'll send you a tracking number when it ships, so that eases the frustration

Spanish postal tracking site - .: Correos :. Track&Trace

Australia Post - Australia Post- article tracking, parcel tracking item tracking
    Thanks for that... cant wait! Then I just have to put the screen protector on and wait 24 hrs for it to dry. Should be a walk in the park really!!

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    hey man! I'm glad you like it! Was hoping it arrived okay and that you were happy with it.

I'm so obsessive compulsive when it comes to the pixel business (and everything to do with phones) but I knew there must be someone out there who isn't such a fussy bugger
    Last edited by bennish; 01/14/2010 at 12:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Thanks for that... cant wait! Then I just have to put the screen protector on and wait 24 hrs for it to dry. Should be a walk in the park really!!
    Ha! Good luck waiting 24 hours! You must have amazing willpower.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I know I wont, but it's a nice ideal to have!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah72 View Post
    Is anyone using their Pre on Telstra? Heaps of news re Optus/Vodafone/3 ... but nothing for Telstra! If you have any news about how the Pre is working here I would love to hear it - even if on another network!
    I'm using an O2 Palm Pre with Rebel Sim on telstra. No problems at all.

Love the phone.

(now have a full family, Treo600, 650 680 and 750v)

Siobhan (Sydney)
    Except Telstra, which uses 850MHz
    I have 3G access on my O2 rebel sim unlocked Pre. Well, it says 3G at the top of my screen.

The other question is, will it do NextG?
    Does it have the R (roam)

Does it have the R (roam)
    if you are asking me, then yes it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    if you are asking me, then yes it does.
    Yep I was, just curios? One of the other telstra users here has the same, apparently it's not affecting his billing :-) which is good news on Telstra!

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I am going to be travelling to Europe (taking the Pre back to Germany!) and the USA, and so I am looking at the TravelSim SIM which is sold here. It refers to a SIM Menu option but I have searched and it seems the Pre does not have any access to the SIM. This may make it not usable for these sort of low-cost roaming options. Anybody tried travelling with their Pre yet?
    Yep I was, just curios? One of the other telstra users here has the same, apparently it's not affecting his billing :-) which is good news on Telstra!
    I am also interested to know the situation with Aussie carriers. I gather from the other thread that you would expect that it is roaming on 3. I know that the other way, 3's roaming data is 50c/MB. (I have it (roaming data) turned off)
    Last edited by johncc; 01/18/2010 at 07:14 PM.
    I am also interested to know the situation with Aussie carriers. I gather from the other thread that you would expect that it is roaming on 3. I know that the other way, 3's roaming data is 50c/MB. (I have it turned off)
    From what I have read, 3 & Telstra jointly own the 2100mhz hardware that both carriers "share" in the cities. 3 users roam to Telstras 850 mhz outside the capital cities. (although not on a european pre)

Telstra users show as roaming, but in reality this is only because they are NOT on the 850mhz network (which Telstra refers to as nextG) as opposed to using the jointly owned 2100mhz network.

Clear as mud really :-)

Hi guys,

Just trying to get this all clear in my head - the Pre's you guys have bought came from Spain? And they don't support UMTS on 850MHz (only 2100?)

I'm asking because I'm keen to get one, but I'm on Telecom XT in New Zealand and they only have 3g (it's a new network, no 2g to fall back on) transmitted at 2100 in a few cities but 850 over the rest of the country.

I've already been burned once by buying a phone only to find out that it couldn't do 3g at 850MHz so I have no reception if I leave town :-(

If I've got this all wrong feel free to correct me :-)
    I just checked (Spent quite a bit of time) and it seems that Optus and Vodafone use 900Mhz & 2100Mhz. That Telstra uses 850Mhz.

The Eu version uses 900Mhz (Surely this is just a software option)

the NA version uses 850Mhz.

So, if you want Telstra Next G you seem to need the NA version.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    I just checked (Spent quite a bit of time) and it seems that Optus and Vodafone use 900Mhz & 2100Mhz. That Telstra uses 850Mhz.

The Eu version uses 900Mhz (Surely this is just a software option)

the NA version uses 850Mhz.

So, if you want Telstra Next G you seem to need the NA version.
    Just like it says on the first couple of pages of this thread ;-)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod,

just trying to be helpful and confirm for myself.

However, I'm curious, is it a software option as to which bandwidth is used? It might explain the delay in the Eu releases of WebOS.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast