Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    hi dbmgreen

i'm using the pre in qld and the gps works perfectly (it's a spanish pre as is the one i'm selling)
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    ..and that's interesting about whether a us sim would make an app difference. i know gsm users are reporting lots of different numbers of apps (127 for me), i'd be curious to know this too rod
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    ..and that's interesting about whether a us sim would make an app difference. i know gsm users are reporting lots of different numbers of apps (127 for me), i'd be curious to know this too rod
    I get the impression that it is your Palm Profile that determines which Catalog you see. Could be wrong though.
    That's good news about the gps not that there is a sygic or tomtom available, it's one of the few things I like about the iPhone. I don't know about the address thing? Certainly if you want a USAitunes account, you have to jump through a couple more hoops than just the address? For instance it won't verify a non USA credit card, but ultimately you can set one up using iTunes vouchers/cards. But I wonder what palm are using to filter us?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Bennish, I'd love to just buy your phone, but I can't bring myself too, for the same reason your selling it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    That's good news about the gps not that there is a sygic or tomtom available, it's one of the few things I like about the iPhone. I don't know about the address thing? Certainly if you want a USAitunes account, you have to jump through a couple more hoops than just the address? For instance it won't verify a non USA credit card, but ultimately you can set one up using iTunes vouchers/cards. But I wonder what palm are using to filter us?
    It's no voice instruction solution, but I guess you realise that Google maps can give you progressive manual text based driving instructions to a specified destination. Also have a look at Minimap in the Precentral Catalog.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Bennish, I'd love to just buy your phone, but I can't bring myself too, for the same reason your selling it :-)
    hehe - i figured as much. It's hard for us perfectionists.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    to be honest I've only ever wanted google maps with gps. My nokia never did it all quite right or fast enough.

For proper guided gps i wouldn't even want to use my phone, i'd go with a dedicated one. So cheap nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I get the impression that it is your Palm Profile that determines which Catalog you see. Could be wrong though.
    It's a combination of the Palm Profile, and the hardware identifier of your phone, which determines which app catalog it accesses.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sorry for so many posts, but i just got my UK pre and am awaiting the RebelSim, is the rebel sim all i need to use it unlocked, and how do i go about setting up a palm profile etc. Sorry i spose im looking for some more detailed instructions, if anyone has a guide feel free to point me in the right direction.

Im not usually like this (Bricked my Tytn II 9999 times) but im nervous about breaking it
    I managed to 'fritz' my Pre trying to put the iPhone spoof patch on, so after 'Doctoring to 1.3.1 I thought that I might as well try the WebOS substitution method to get 1.3.5. (ie replace the 1.3.1 WebOS.tar in my WebOSDoctor.tar with a 1.3.5 WebOS.tar from the Sprint WebOSDoctor.tar)

Everything seems to be working fine. (Though I did need the extra steps described on How To Recover - WebOS Internals to get past step 3, and also an additonal reset.)
    Ok I need some advice? I was going to order a PRE from goma on Monday? Should I settle for a 1st gen palm with only 8 gb?
    Ok I need some advice? I was going to order a PRE from goma on Monday? Should I settle for a 1st gen palm with only 8 gb?
    Since the 16GB Pre is exclusive to Verizon (CDMA), you might as well unless you like long waits.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Oh alright then, you twisted my arm, I only needed one afirmative :-)
    People complain about everything else on here, but I can't recall any mention of the 8GB since the inital disappointment when the specs came out originally. (But then I see you were already persuaded. )
    I have 32 gb of jailbroken iPhone and to tell the truth, you would largely fill it with music and video I guess,'but you can't use the iPod (music) because if you are transmuting to an fm radio, there is to much interference from the cell radio. I guess USB sticks are so small and easy to carry now, who needs the Extra storage.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    1.3.5.2 has arrived and it works. Native Bluetooth tethering also works, no need for an app to do it for you.
    Can someone who is comfortable explaining the relative speeds of bluetooth umts wireless etc put the bluetooth pan in perspective for me??

Hi all, long time lurker. Bought a Visor Platinum back in the day (when this site was Visor Central!), then the brand new Treo 180 when it came out, then a Treo 600, then a Treo 650... and that's what I was using for the last five years. The reason I'm popping up my head is...

Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    I now have my first Palm Pre up on ebay if any Aussies are interested. It's the one I got from Goma with a dead pixel. Starting at $500 bucks. Perfect condition except pixel. Only used it for about 2 weeks
    ...I bought this

Working great. Some people are bothered by dead pixels. I'm not one of them, if you can imagine the condition of my Treo 650 now
    Quote Originally Posted by calroth View Post
    ...I bought this

Working great. Some people are bothered by dead pixels. I'm not one of them, if you can imagine the condition of my Treo 650 now
    Look if you really don't like it, I'm happy to swap my VGC Treo680 for it...

You know that would still be an upgrade from the 650 for you

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast