Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 445
  1. #381  
    Thanks Rod, yes, it was trying to give me a file called 103UEU, however, it failed twice since it couldn't restart my Pre 2. I ended up using a file called roadrunner which was a 2.1 version that contained the file rather than having it download for a 3rd time and probably still not work for me. So the file called roadrunner worked. I have no idea why the public method wasn't working for me.
    The good news is that my Pre 2 seems to be in good shape so far. It feels faster than before and is fully working so far. Before, it wasn't making and receiving calls and had some Internet issues....all of this is fixed, but I still have some tweaks that I want to apply over the next couple of nights, so hoping it stays this way.

    Jodi
  2. #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    Thanks Rod, yes, it was trying to give me a file called 103UEU, however, it failed twice since it couldn't restart my Pre 2. I ended up using a file called roadrunner which was a 2.1 version that contained the file rather than having it download for a 3rd time and probably still not work for me. So the file called roadrunner worked. I have no idea why the public method wasn't working for me.
    The good news is that my Pre 2 seems to be in good shape so far. It feels faster than before and is fully working so far. Before, it wasn't making and receiving calls and had some Internet issues....all of this is fixed, but I still have some tweaks that I want to apply over the next couple of nights, so hoping it stays this way.

    Jodi
    Always run the doctor from the command line so you can see why it fails. The P103UEU is not the source of the failure - it is the corect doctor.

    What exact file did you flash?

    -- Rod
  3. #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Always run the doctor from the command line so you can see why it fails. The P103UEU is not the source of the failure - it is the corect doctor.

    What exact file did you flash?

    -- Rod
    Yes, I could use the command line next time. Didn't know of that method actually, thanks.
    The file I successfully used was called
    HP-webOS-Doctor_webOS-WR-Roadrunner_roadrunner_wr.jar
    I got it a couple of months ago from the Palm developer forum. It was a 2.1 version.
  4. #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    Yes, I could use the command line next time. Didn't know of that method actually, thanks.
    The file I successfully used was called
    HP-webOS-Doctor_webOS-WR-Roadrunner_roadrunner_wr.jar
    I got it a couple of months ago from the Palm developer forum. It was a 2.1 version.
    You'll find that a file with that particular filename is not actually a 2.1 version, but some intermediate buggy beta release. I would not suggest using it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You'll find that a file with that particular filename is not actually a 2.1 version, but some intermediate buggy beta release. I would not suggest using it.

    -- Rod
    You have convinced me to try again....I am using my work PC and not my Mac at home, so limited with what I can do right now....but I am still not having any success with any other restore file.
    I have now also tried webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr.jar from the webOS Internals website, but no luck with that either. Could I have a corrupt file system? I don't know why only the developer version will work and no others will.
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    You have convinced me to try again....I am using my work PC and not my Mac at home, so limited with what I can do right now....but I am still not having any success with any other restore file.
    I have now also tried webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr.jar from the webOS Internals website, but no luck with that either. Could I have a corrupt file system? I don't know why only the developer version will work and no others will.
    If you post the output from running the doctor on the command line, then we may be able to diagnose the problem. At the moment, you're not providing any information at all about what is happening, so we're all flying blind and completely unable to help you.

    -- Rod
  7. #387  
    Hi Rod, Sorry, I don't want to frustrate you. I am new to restoring the Pre 2. I have more experience with the Treo650 and iPhones...so I'm just learning. I wasn't able to run novacom from the command line on this windows machine. I know that there would be a way to get information on what is going on, but I am new to webOS and cannot figure it out yet. So, for now, while I am work, I am just running the plain installers.
    You were correct that the roadrunner version that I managed to install was an older release. It was 2.1, but build 101.100 (02/02/11), while the official release is build 109.108 (02/26/11).
    However, the later build still wasn't working for me so I have reverted back to 2.0.1 successfully and I am currently trying my luck with an OTA update.
    I'll see how this goes.

    Jodi
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    Hi Rod, Sorry, I don't want to frustrate you.
    No worries - just giving you the best way to get the help you need.

    You want to run the doctor on the command line, not novacom.

    java -jar <doctor-file>

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #389  
    Rod, the OTA update worked, so now I am on official 2.1 and phone calls are working again. So, I don't know why I couldn't restore to 2.1...I wonder if it was a problem with the developer 2.1 that I was on. Anyway, I am there now.
    Thank you for your help.

    Universal App Catalog access on the Veer sounds promising. Hoping to see that come to the Pre 2 soon.

    Jodi
  10. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #390  
    The news is if we have a legacy Pre and buy a 32Gb Touchpad we get a $50 rebate. Of course this is for the USA and Canada. I wonder what chance this will happen in Australia.
  11. #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    The news is if we have a legacy Pre and buy a 32Gb Touchpad we get a $50 rebate. Of course this is for the USA and Canada. I wonder what chance this will happen in Australia.
    Since no webOS device has ever been sold in Australia, I reckon our chances are somewhere between none and buckley's.

    Find someone in the US to purchase one for you, using your serial number for the rebate.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #392  
    I work at in the IT department at a school in Perth. Our supplier was having a chat with my boss about various tablets. Regarding the TouchPad, he said he would hopefully get it in August. It sounds like that's what HP are aiming for, although they haven't made it official yet.
  13. #393  
    The App Catalogue is finally opening in Australia!
    developer.palm.com/blog/2011/07/the-hp-webos-app-catalog-opening-in-four-new-countries
    Sorry, I'm still too new here to make it a link.
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    The App Catalogue is finally opening in Australia!
    developer.palm.com/blog/2011/07/the-hp-webos-app-catalog-opening-in-four-new-countries
    Sorry, I'm still too new here to make it a link.
    Can a developer with a published App Catalog app, please check if App Catalog access for Australians also extends to Pre/Pixi/Veer devices too? From context, it looks like TouchPad only...
  15. #395  
    CNet Australia have reported that the TouchPad Aussie release date is August 15th. It will be available exclusively at Harvey Norman or the HP website. Wi-Fi only model $599 for 16GB or $699 for 32GB.
    cnet.com.au/hp-touchpad-339319267.htm
  16. #396  
    Would love to know when the 3G version will come to Australia.
    Called HP Australia and asked that question today. Of course they have no idea.

    I also asked if HP's range of Smartphones (i.e. Pre, Veer) that compliment the Touchpad will also be coming to Australia, and was directed to the Palm Australia website, which of course does not list WebOS devices and has no Australian phone number to call for enquiries.
  17. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #397  
    I tried to buy a Touchpad from Amazon.com and after constantly receiving delayed shipping messages, they sent a message.
    QUOTE
    When your order was placed, it appears that a technical problem on our end allowed this item to be purchased even though we are unable to ship items containing hazardous material to your address.

    We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. The appropriate department has been notified of the problem and we are working to ensure this does not occur again.
    Unquote
    They must be kidding?
  18. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #398  
    Now Frys in CA (I bought items with them also in the past and shop there personally) has done the same thing, canceling my order with no explanation. Anyone else having these troubles? Rod is racing ahead with webosinternals updates but I just cant get my hands on a Touchpad!
  19. #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    OK I am hoping my Pre2 will be in my hands Monday 18th (yea I know its that already back home). I have the AT&T GOPhone SIM working great in my Pre- right now (only with EDGE as its an O2-DE version). My question is that while I have an official US carrier what do I do about the Palm profile. Do I use the one for my Pre- or do I create another new one for the Pre2. I am guessing this could be a fatal decision. Surely if they used the same one a clash will occur if they are both being used eg backups. Anyone with help please?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Create a new one and swap them later after you have tested it and backed up everything.

    -- Rod
    I have a similar question about Pre and Touchpad...

    I have a German Pre using the German App Catalogue (from here in Australia).
    I plan to purchase an Australian Touchpad.

    What is the best thing to do with my Palm Profile?
    If I create a second profile as suggested, how do I get my data from one profile to another?
    Will I ever be able to get the two devices syncing data through a single profile?
  20. #400  
    You can have one phone and one touchpad on the same profile.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions