Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 445
  1. #361  
    Hi Guys, as you know I have a Pre2 on Vodafone, and now that you can edit the network settings and have the new ones stick, unlike the pre1, I have no probs with MMS, just needed to remove the hs_null from the username / password fields, but I had no joy at all with the pre assigned voicemail number.
    So I grabbed a copy of the carrierdb.json file, from /etc/carrierdb/ and edited just the voicemail number in the vodafone au line, from +61 ******121 to just be 121.
    Uploaded the edited file to my phone, and it all works as it should :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  2. #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Hi Guys, as you know I have a Pre2 on Vodafone, and now that you can edit the network settings and have the new ones stick, unlike the pre1, I have no probs with MMS, just needed to remove the hs_null from the username / password fields, but I had no joy at all with the pre assigned voicemail number.
    So I grabbed a copy of the carrierdb.json file, from /etc/carrierdb/ and edited just the voicemail number in the vodafone au line, from +61 ******121 to just be 121.
    Uploaded the edited file to my phone, and it all works as it should :-)
    Thanks mate, just did this to my Pre 2 too.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks mate, just did this to my Pre 2 too.

    -- Rod
    I feel VERY humble that that helped you :-)

    I used dashcode (Mac os x) to edit the file, if anyone was wondering, it was very simple.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  4. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #364  
    OK I am hoping my Pre2 will be in my hands Monday 18th (yea I know its that already back home). I have the AT&T GOPhone SIM working great in my Pre- right now (only with EDGE as its an O2-DE version). My question is that while I have an official US carrier what do I do about the Palm profile. Do I use the one for my Pre- or do I create another new one for the Pre2. I am guessing this could be a fatal decision. Surely if they used the same one a clash will occur if they are both being used eg backups. Anyone with help please?
  5. #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    OK I am hoping my Pre2 will be in my hands Monday 18th (yea I know its that already back home). I have the AT&T GOPhone SIM working great in my Pre- right now (only with EDGE as its an O2-DE version). My question is that while I have an official US carrier what do I do about the Palm profile. Do I use the one for my Pre- or do I create another new one for the Pre2. I am guessing this could be a fatal decision. Surely if they used the same one a clash will occur if they are both being used eg backups. Anyone with help please?
    Create a new one and swap them later after you have tested it and backed up everything.

    -- Rod
  6. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #366  
    Thanks for this Rod, it makes sense to swap later. Don't you sleep?
  7. #367  
    Hi All, Has anyone else noticed that when dialing 1300 numbers the numbers dissapear after you've typed the second "0"? The phone will still call the number dialed when you press the call button but you get no visual feedback regarding what you actually entered. Anyone with any ideas why it does this? The first time I tried this I thought there was something wrong with my phone but I suspect this is by design as it displays "Unkown Number" as the phone is making the call.

    Oh, and Happy Easter to everyone.
  8. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #368  
    Very happy with Pre 2 (bought in USA and activated with AT&T GoPhone SIM card) after reluctantly signing up with Telstra after using Virgin for my Pre-. What concerns me is the issue of Touchpad interfacing as the Veer and Pre3 are guaranteed but I am unclear about Pre2 will be able to be enabled by OTA upgrades in the next few months. The OTA upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 was seemless but slow.
  9. #369  
    Pre 2 does not have the hardware for TouchToShare.

    -- Rod
  10. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #370  
    Is the communication via the induction coil or via Bluetooth. Endgadget says bluetooth? I can see that if the coil is missing then it will not connect automatically, but maybe an app can be made to manually emulate the trigger to start communication via Bluetooth.
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Is the communication via the induction coil or via Bluetooth. Endgadget says bluetooth? I can see that if the coil is missing then it will not connect automatically, but maybe an app can be made to manually emulate the trigger to start communication via Bluetooth.
    Initial authentication is over induction coil on a different frequency. Pre 2 does not have that.

    Once the devices have exchanged bluetooth credentials and authenticaion over induction, the rest of it is over bluetooth.

    At least that is what I have gleaned from the little public information there is about this stuff. We'll find out more when we actually see the firmware for the device.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #372  
    Hi All, just bought ndrive. I'd sent an email to ndrive previously asking if I could purchase Australia maps through the app (no Aust maps listed in the App catalogue). They told me all their maps are avail as in app purchases. At least I can confirm that you can buy the Aust maps with an Aust credit card (although you will still need a US/European card for initial app purchase). Overall it seems a bit clunky for a modern turn by turn app. Still, it's better than nothing. Will report back after some real world use.
  13. #373  
    Hi All, I've had a quick run through with Ndrive. Overall it seems quite good in the end. I was quite concerned while on my way to work this morning when the GPS kept losing (and not regaining till an app restart) GPS lock. I checked that the GPS was functional with the maps app. Fortunately this arvo it had no such issues. The routing is a bit funny (like all tools you still need to keep your brain plugged in when using it). The map detail isn't as nice as igo on the old winmo and the navigation screen isn't as customisable but the colour use is good and the voice prompts are quite good despite not having text to speech (It will tell you "take the second left etc"). The menus are clunky and poorly set out with some basic stuff buried and hard to find. There are options for foursquare and facebook integration. Actually, I shouldn't call them options because there's no way to completely turn them off (you're prompted to update foursquare every time you reach a destination). I can't comment on how useful they are otherwise as I don't use either service. Speaker volume is a little quiet esp if you're playing music with Pre at the same time. Overall it's a worthwhile app for me.
  14. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
       #374  
    OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN **HEAD POPS OFF INTO ORBIT**

    In Case You Missed It In The HP TouchPad Announcement Earlier… | Gizmodo Australia

    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  15. Fatfool's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #375  
    screw the touchpad can't fit that in my pocket. Where's the Pre 3?
  16. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
       #376  
    Hah! But surely Aussie touchpad release means Aussie app catalog! And surely Pre3 can't be far behind
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  17. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #377  
    NAVIT is free and works fine in Australia on my Pre- and Pre2. It uses the Open Street maps. So I expect it to work OK on the Touchpad and Pre3.
  18. #378  
    Hi all,
    I have an Unlocked Pre 2 (P102UEU) with Telstra SIM in it. It was activated on Telstra when I got it and I think it was running webOS 2.0.1. I tested it at the time and it made and received phone calls. I doctored it to webOS 2.1 and now it doesn't make phone calls. If I call the Pre 2 then it doesn't ring either, but after I hang up the calling phone then it gets a message that I missed a call.
    I had been using the phone mostly for data, but this issue prevents me from making the Pre 2 my main mobile. Could there be some settings that I am missing to make it work?
    I had tried restarting and also doctoring again. I have installed a few patches since, but can doctor again and keep it 'vanilla' until I resolve this issue.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jodi
  19. #379  
    O.K....problem is resolved after some time. I think that my serial number might be recorded incorrectly in HP's system and so the restore tool kept giving me webOS 2.1 for P103UEU, but my hardware says it is P102UEU. Maybe I have an earlier model? Anyway, it is a developer device and I was able to use a developer version of the 2.1 doctor to get it working again. Now I can make and receive phone calls. I will just install any patches one at a time to make sure that none of that caused my problem, unless my problem was already that I had the incorrect ROM installed, which is likely since I used the 'public' tool last time I upgraded to 2.1.
  20. #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    O.K....problem is resolved after some time. I think that my serial number might be recorded incorrectly in HP's system and so the restore tool kept giving me webOS 2.1 for P103UEU, but my hardware says it is P102UEU. Maybe I have an earlier model? Anyway, it is a developer device and I was able to use a developer version of the 2.1 doctor to get it working again. Now I can make and receive phone calls. I will just install any patches one at a time to make sure that none of that caused my problem, unless my problem was already that I had the incorrect ROM installed, which is likely since I used the 'public' tool last time I upgraded to 2.1.
    P103UEU is the correct doctor for an unlocked developer Pre 2.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions