Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fishiazza View Post
    I'm hoping for even more than just an app catalog... I hope I'll be able to by an HP webOS device at an aussie store someday soon. (Thats 'Palm-soon' not 'Rod-soon').
    iTWire - No TouchPad for you, HP tells Australia

Don't hold your breath.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I plan to buy in EU, carry to US (activate) and carry back in April to get a Pre 2. Hope it will be upgraded by then as my Pre Minus will not be.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I plan to buy in EU, carry to US (activate) and carry back in April to get a Pre 2. Hope it will be upgraded by then as my Pre Minus will not be.
    Pre 2 will be upgraded still, as it is not a "legacy" device (yet).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I thought everyone was up in arms because Pre 2 wasn't getting an update?

Don't tell me they were all whinging about the ORIGINAL pre not getting an update? Why would it?! God do they want floppy disk support too?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    I thought everyone was up in arms because Pre 2 wasn't getting an update?

Don't tell me they were all whinging about the ORIGINAL pre not getting an update? Why would it?! God do they want floppy disk support too?
    I agree man! Obviously the Pre minus wouldn't be able to handle the update. Why are they thinking about that.

I am, however a little passed that the Pre Plus isn't getting the update. Its only a year old...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    If you spent over $800 for your Pre minus 13 months ago and HP repeatedly promised to upgrade it, wouldn't you be annoyed. I dont expect upgrades to 3.X but since they promised and demonstrated functionality on minus and plus it can be done. Yes I realise its underpowered but of course I OC it. Now I have to buy at EU prices again as I use Virgin not Telstra.
    Are the upgrade Pre minus to Pre Plus options viable??

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    If you spent over $800 for your Pre minus 13 months ago and HP repeatedly promised to upgrade it, wouldn't you be annoyed. I dont expect upgrades to 3.X but since they promised and demonstrated functionality on minus and plus it can be done. Yes I realise its underpowered but of course I OC it. Now I have to buy at EU prices again as I use Virgin not Telstra.
    I didn't realise they'd promised to upgrade the pre minus to webOS 2. if they promised that, yeah I can see how people are upset.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Hmmm...I didn't even know that that was promised either. What were they thinking?

But I'm sure there'll be a developer somewhere that realises that if they can find a workaround to put webOS 2.0 on legacy devices, they'll be very popular...

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Anyone done their Pre- to 2.1 yet, not counting Rod?
    Even Dieter Bohn doesn't recommend it, the Pre (minus) isn't able to handle it very well. He said there is even a chance you'll brick your phone if you attempt doing it to an AT&T Pre Plus, let alone a Pre (minus)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Even Dieter Bohn doesn't recommend it, the Pre (minus) isn't able to handle it very well. He said there is even a chance you'll brick your phone if you attempt doing it to an AT&T Pre Plus, let alone a Pre (minus)
    There is no chance of bricking a Pre. Worst case you doctor it back to 1.4.5 and start fresh.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Yep, already gone back to 1.4.5 to start again! Rundle St Night Club woke me up AGAIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no chance of bricking a Pre. Worst case you doctor it back to 1.4.5 and start fresh.

-- Rod
    Fair enough then Rod. You have a way better idea about that stuff than me :P I just thought I heard Dieter say that in the AT&T Pre Plus on 2.1 video. :\
    Yep. O2 Pre minus on Vodafone here. The general performance is fine but there are some bugs, and fewer patches of course. Most annoying at the moment is that incoming calls aren't matched to numbers in the my contacts. Not sure if it's a widespread issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by areal View Post
    Yep. O2 Pre minus on Vodafone here. The general performance is fine but there are some bugs, and fewer patches of course. Most annoying at the moment is that incoming calls aren't matched to numbers in the my contacts. Not sure if it's a widespread issue.
    Yes widespread issue amongst Pre 2 (webOS 2.0) users internationally. I had this problem as soon as I began using my Pre 2 in Australia. It is really annoying. Hopefully someone has a patch for it soon.

As a temp fix, add the international calling code numbers as the contacts number. If that makes sense.
    As a temp fix, add the international calling code numbers as the contacts number. If that makes sense.
    Have two numbers per contact or just one with the international code?
    Quote Originally Posted by areal View Post
    Have two numbers per contact or just one with the international code?
    I was using 2, but after thinking about it for a bit, I should probably only use the international one as it would make the messaging chats run a little smoother.

So yeah, overwrite the original number. Hopefully when a patch/solution comes out, we can swap it back...
    Yes widespread issue amongst Pre 2 (webOS 2.0) users internationally. I had this problem as soon as I began using my Pre 2 in Australia. It is really annoying. Hopefully someone has a patch for it soon.

Could it be related to 'regional settings?' I have webos2 on a Pre Plus in Singapore. Caller id works correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    Could it be related to 'regional settings?' I have webos2 on a Pre Plus in Singapore. Caller id works correctly.
    No, mines set to Australia, but the issue still occurs :S