1.    #1  
    I have about 1-2 weeks left before my 30 days is up. The oreo effect on my phone has gotten prettt bad and is starting to worry me. It also has a large gap between the top and bottom halves on the left side (right doesn't have that). Those are my big concerns. Any advice? I love my phone and I'm scared to death of it breaking.
    Sorry everyone, but whats the Oreo effect? Did a quick search and saw people talking about it, but not really explaining what it is. Apologies if I missed it
    sure go exchange it if your not happy with it im sure they wont hesitate to exchange if its bad enough .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    the top and bottom twisting in opposite directions
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ohhhh ok got it. Yeah I haven't had that problem yet, but it's only been a week with my Pre and i'm pretty careful to slide straight up
    i know how you feel i have a couple weeks left before my 30days is up and i have light leakage outside my screen through my case. i want to exchange it but i dont want to get one with a loose slider or a bad screen.
    all of them get it just a little but thats expected because of the design ,mine has it just slightly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    most of the refurbs are not to bad at all they have been fixed of course not all of them! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Did anyone get insurance? Cause that's nice to fall back on if you're past your 30 days and there's still a problem. Sometimes 30 days isn't enough time to really see any problems. I don't know if anyone is like me, but there's always a phone "honeymoon period" where I'm extra careful with it....but then I get over it. Then real wear begins.
    All of them get it eventually a little... Most sliders will get a little loose after a while. Ware and tear always affects moving parts. My rocketfish case helped alot with that though. My wobble is hardly noticible..
  11.    #11  
    I showed my friend and she thinks I should exchange it. I know it is normal to get loose but this is pretty bad. Add the gap and it worries me. I have one of those hard rubber cases from ebay and it has done really good. With the case off it is worse. I think I may make a trip to sprint tomorrow. Thanks for your opinions.
    Thanks button!

.....I have none.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Did anyone get insurance? Cause that's nice to fall back on if you're past your 30 days and there's still a problem. Sometimes 30 days isn't enough time to really see any problems. I don't know if anyone is like me, but there's always a phone "honeymoon period" where I'm extra careful with it....but then I get over it. Then real wear begins.
    Actually, you don't need insurance to replace a phone with a manufacturer's defect past 30 days. They give you 365 days!!

Just take it to Sprint and they'll swap it out with a refurb or possibly even a brand new one. If you're within your 30 days, they should be giving you a brand new one, because you can simply cancel the account or return the phone and get your $150 upgrade credit back and outta the 2-yr contract.

Spread the word! Tell your friends! It seems like I'm the only person who talks about this for some reason. You don't need insurance for a manufacturer's defect. And don't let them use one of your insurance claims (even if they credit you back $100), because you only get 2 or 3 claims before they drop you.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Actually, you don't need insurance to replace a phone with a manufacturer's defect past 30 days. They give you 365 days!!

Just take it to Sprint and they'll swap it out with a refurb or possibly even a brand new one. If you're within your 30 days, they should be giving you a brand new one, because you can simply cancel the account or return the phone and get your $150 upgrade credit back and outta the 2-yr contract.

Spread the word! Tell your friends! It seems like I'm the only person who talks about this for some reason. You don't need insurance for a manufacturer's defect. And don't let them use one of your insurance claims (even if they credit you back $100), because you only get 2 or 3 claims before they drop you.
    Almost forgot about the 1 year warranty lol. Hmm.. that's a bit of reassurance.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mabfaery View Post
    I have about 1-2 weeks left before my 30 days is up. The oreo effect on my phone has gotten prettt bad and is starting to worry me. It also has a large gap between the top and bottom halves on the left side (right doesn't have that). Those are my big concerns. Any advice? I love my phone and I'm scared to death of it breaking.
    This is normal. I've had 3 Pre's and each of them has had a bigger gap on the left than on the right. It's just something you have to accept about the Pre.

Now, if you're having actual software issues, then I would take it back.
    Dear Santa,

I've been as good as I could be this year and all I want on my Pre is an on-screen keyboard, a real Face Book app, visual voicemail and video recording.
    If you could bring this in any of the updates by Christmas, then I promise to be extra good next year! Thanks a bunch!

xoxo,
    Kady