1.    #1  
    so my pre is stuck in headset mode so I called palm (don't have sprint repair option) and they told me sprint is on the hook for all hardware fixes during the first year! Sure enough I went to sprint and a replacementphone is on the way....they were actually going to give me one there on the spot but I played with it and it had a pretty bad oreo effect so I opted for another one. Impressed with sprint....palm needs better hardware
    actually had you just stuck the headset back in and pulled out slowly it probably would have fixed the problem. i had the same problem occur to me and that just worked like a charm. by the way i have had this problem with almost every phone that had a headjack. also my sister who has an iphone has had this problem several times. so i wouldnt say palm needs better hardware only because of this one problem. (I do think there oreo effect could be improved).
  3.    #3  
    actually I tried everything mentioned in the forums about fixing the issue.....the sprint guy tried a few things as well, none worked. The spring rep said he has had a bunch of replacements over this issue. No phone I have ever had has this issue.....I should not have to play tricks with my phone to get it to work....you my friend have been conditioned over time to accept crappy hardware via your previous phones.
    Isn't this just standard practice amongst carriers?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Isn't this just standard practice amongst carriers?
    lol I was thinking the same. Oh and I would not be to impressed with Sprint anyway. They are far more capable of letting you down.
    wow ... "conditioned". sorry that you had bad experience with your hardware, i guess i'm just the type of person who understands that tech products do malfunction at times. sometimes a quick adjust and you are back up and running sometimes a replacement is necessary. sometimes you get lucky and you get a unit that doesnt have any problems ever. for example i have had the palm pre since july and the one problem i mentioned is the only problem i have ever had hardware or software. i have had other phones that have never experienced a problem and i had at least one phone that broke down once every three months (moto q) that i had sprint replace it with a palm centro a year before the end of my plan. i think my experiences have led me to understand that life isn't perfect in the tech world, thats all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    lol I was thinking the same. Oh and I would not be to impressed with Sprint anyway. They are far more capable of letting you down.
    i havent been let down yet....actually the quite opposite. they ONCE messed up on my bill (minor issue - i had gotten texting added and they charged me twice) so i called about it and they removed the charge promptly AND gave me a $10 credit on my bill for the next 3 months.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    i havent been let down yet....actually the quite opposite. they ONCE messed up on my bill (minor issue - i had gotten texting added and they charged me twice) so i called about it and they removed the charge promptly AND gave me a $10 credit on my bill for the next 3 months.
    Oh I am not saying they will always let you down. I have had some exceptional service, however, I have had plenty of service from Sprint that should have gotten someone fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    wow ... "conditioned". sorry that you had bad experience with your hardware, i guess i'm just the type of person who understands that tech products do malfunction at times. sometimes a quick adjust and you are back up and running sometimes a replacement is necessary. sometimes you get lucky and you get a unit that doesnt have any problems ever. for example i have had the palm pre since july and the one problem i mentioned is the only problem i have ever had hardware or software. i have had other phones that have never experienced a problem and i had at least one phone that broke down once every three months (moto q) that i had sprint replace it with a palm centro a year before the end of my plan. i think my experiences have led me to understand that life isn't perfect in the tech world, thats all.
    Yea...ditto.

BTW...I get stuck in headset mode at least once a month. Never a q-tip with alchohol couldn't solve.
    it happens mostly when you pull out the headphone jack while its still being used or music playing or whatever , but you have to close the app before you unplug the jack with any app including the phone app. of course this is not the only reason
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sprint is the ****zint i love there service
    I had problems with the headset jack. for a while the q-tip trick worked and then nothing worked. I finally went in and got a replacement. They were nice when I went to the Sprint repair store.
    sometimes the headset issue will not go away. I thought I had fixed it but it kept coming back even though I stopped using headphones. I would be in the middle of calls and it would start going in and out. This was a month after I fixed the original issue and then it just came back randomly.
    I guess Sprint must have loved customers like me...

My Pre shutdown it self 5 times, I solved the problem by pushing the battery firmly in place
    My Pre has the Oreo, I lived with it
    I have 12 dead pixels that would showup during boot up, I lived with that
    My earpiece "silver bar" is chipping off the silver paint as my finger nails kept hitting it when swiping out cards
    My keyboard stopped responding once, I fixed it by removing the battery and restarting
    My camera stopped working once, I rebooted and fixed it
    Oh, and I fixed the headset jack issue about 5 times by now, too

With all of that, I only went back to Sprint once for the keyboard issue, I was promised a replacement when the next shipment came in. I never got their call back and I just happened to have fixed it.

Now I won't take it back for all the above because:
    1) I have the pearl-white center button, which kind-of proves I was one of the early ones to get a Pre
    2) It's a pain to re-build all the tweaks on a new device, plus the Linux apps/plug-ins that's installed via command line
    3) Worst of all, the Palm auto backup doesn't back up the launcher app layout, I'd have to rearrange all those apps to the 5 pages again

The "auto backup" is even less usefull to me as the "system-restore" function of Windows XP... I miss the MSbackup app on my Clie. Heck, Palm succeeded to avoid paying for a replacement for me by making the backup useless
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarez View Post
    I called palm (don't have sprint repair option) and they told me sprint is on the hook for all hardware fixes during the first year!
    Where is the consistency? I'm glad Sprint took care of you, but my experience was the opposite! I bought a Pre on 9/10/09. It started having some hardware problems a few days ago. Called Sprint, they said since it was over 30 days, I would have to go through "Palm" for warranty work. Palm took care of me "kind of": Option #1=Send my phone in, should have it back in 5 business days (sure... no problem... I can live without my lifeline for 5-7 days... NOT). Option #2=Palm sends a refurb, charges you $30, send back your original. I took Option #2 of course.

Any chance that you were within the first 30 days?
  16.    #16  
    nope...I got my phone launch day....I expected them to make me go through palm like you just did...which is why I just called palm first.....maybe I just got lucky and got a nice rep...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Yea...ditto.

BTW...I get stuck in headset mode at least once a month. Never a q-tip with alchohol couldn't solve.
    exactly the situation I want to avoid....don't want this issue to keep coming back....but if I could fix it then I probably wouldn't go through the hassle of replacing it....but its been broken for 2 weeks!
    I have a weird issue in which my camera gets hung up when opening, but will open if I snap my slider shut. Similarly, my bluetooth headset will cut off, and will turn back on when I close the slider. I went on Palm's chat, and (once I assured them that this problem wasn't solved by a recent trip to the WebOS Doctor), they offered to send a refurb since it was a hardware issue. I bought mine in June. So Palm was responsive to me.

Because they want to charge me $30 for "Advanced Replacement", in which they'll send me a device before I send mine back, I'm going to my local Sprint center to see if they'll support a hardware issue. I expect them to say I need to go through Asurion, so I'd rather pay Palm $30 than pay Asurion $100.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I would try webosdoctor again...

however, if you are still having issues: a sprint store will swap you out free under 1yr MFG warranty